New Rims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardohio

Reaction score
Ok, my Accord is about ready for new tires, and as the school year ends my dad has made me an offer to buy rims if I finish with good grades.

-Now first question, should I get rims if i'm not planning on dropping? I think they will really make the car look better and there's not really a better oppurtunity.
-Also, what size (i'm thinking 17"-18")
-Now, some suggestions, leave some feedback either way, i'd love to here opinions and maybe see some of your pictures of different types of rims on other EX sedans.

Here's my car for reference:
Accord3.jpg

:bowdown:

NASOHC

Reaction score
Aftermarket rims would look nicer with a drop... stock looks better IMO w/o a drop.

beardohio

Reaction score
K for those who know, how can I get away with a small drop without having to get new struts and a camber kit? Because I don't want to drop it so much I have to replace it all and spend alot of $$$.

EDIT:
http://www.tein.com/products/s_tech.html
Would just that drop the car safely?

Last edited:

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
get h&r sport or tanabe
had h&r sport, tanabe is on the car right now
no "boat"

turbocayenne

Reaction score
i thought u said in your introduction page u were gonna keep the car stock because u're gonna give it to your brother???
well, either 17 or 18 inch is good but i prefer 18". Get tein s-tech or eibach sportline for the spring. Dont forget to buy the shocks as well.

6genaccord

Reaction score
Mostly ANY drop spring out there will be inexpensive (<$200 usually) and will NOT require a camber kit. If your dad is buying you rims/tires, I'd say the least you could do for yourself is drop it a little bit. If you or your friends can't install the springs yourself, then it might be a bit expensive.

When it comes to rims, keep in mind weight of the rim for D/D status, but I'd go with 18's. Not ridiculously big but yet still fill the wheel well.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
get the drop first
wheels second.

If you get the wheels first, you look like a 4X4.
Trust me, all who have gotten wheels without a drop will agree.
Even if you get a drop without rims, it won't look as bad if you got the rims without a drop.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
get the drop first
wheels second.

If you get the wheels first, you look like a 4X4.
Trust me, all who have gotten wheels without a drop will agree.
Even if you get a drop without rims, it won't look as bad if you got the rims without a drop.

well said...if u have a drop with the stock rims it will look way better than a boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back