Ortega 74 HWY Drive Meet - POSTPONED!!!

NASOHC

Reaction score
POSTPONED FOR FUTURE DATE (Est. Drive Time: 9am-12pm)

As mentioned, for those of you wanting to join me this Saturday morning from about 8:30am-12pm.

Here's the map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...34,-117.395265&spn=0.001505,0.003473&t=h&z=19

We're driving up to lookout point and back (loop) - if you guys decide to go down to Lake Elsinore area and grab a bite, I'm cool with that too; it's only another 15-20 min. down from there to bottom of lake area.

Please, no stupid driving. It can be very dangerous so pay attention to hwy. It's a fun, scenic canyon type ride through Cleveland National Forest mountain range. Nothing steep, very gradual up and down smooth hwy with tight twists.

I look forward to meeting some of you there!

DIRECTIONS: Exit Ortega Hwy (74) and turn left if you're coming from L.A. - as soon as you go over 5 Fwy overpass, there's a 76 Gas Station on your right. Let's try to be there early so we can head out by 9am.

Last edited:

BigAnt

Reaction score
Re: 74 - Ortega Hwy Drive Meet, Orange County

What's the easiest way to get there from the Santa Monica area with avoiding the tolls?

NASOHC

Reaction score

What's the easiest way to get there from the Santa Monica area with avoiding the tolls?

Take 10 East to 5 South all the way to South O.C. area - there are no tolls on 5 fwy anywhere. I drive to downtown L.A. 2x a week and take the 5 to 110 - no tolls. It'll be nice to have you come along all the way from SM area! :afro:

BigAnt

Reaction score

Take 10 East to 5 South all the way to South O.C. area - there are no tolls on 5 fwy anywhere. I drive to downtown L.A. 2x a week and take the 5 to 110 - no tolls. It'll be nice to have you come along all the way from SM area! :afro:

Ok thanks. Where is the meet up point?

jwong512

Reaction score

I'm not too far from there since I'm at Riverside so it might be a maybe. Bit low on gas though and I have finals next week so no guarantee that I'll be there.

BigAnt

Reaction score

I'm not too far from there since I'm at Riverside so it might be a maybe. Bit low on gas though and I have finals next week so no guarantee that I'll be there.

i have finals the following week also. it's only for 4 hours in the morning.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Reaction score
Re: Ortega 74 HWY Drive Meet, Orange County

Yeah I want to come for sure Ken. I might be a little late, gotta go to my gf's birthday party, but she says we can probably be there by 10 at the latest. If anything I can run ortega then meet up with you guys on the other side and cruise back.

NASOHC

Reaction score

Yeah I want to come for sure Ken. I might be a little late, gotta go to my gf's birthday party, but she says we can probably be there by 10 at the latest. If anything I can run ortega then meet up with you guys on the other side and cruise back.

Dang, you guys having an early bird B-day party then? :) Cool deal though, hope you can make it early of course.

NASOHC

Reaction score

:driving: Looking like a nice cool and sunny weekend ahead - 67-68 degrees for tha area.

Back