P0301, p0302, p0304, p0305, p0306, p0300, p1399...

Discussion in 'Accord Tech' started by Baller, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Baller

Baller Active Member

Bad or dirty mass air flow sensor?

2. dawg316

dawg316 Well-Known Member

take it to a shop and never let a parts store guy try and diagnos your car for you. woulda been better drawing probable causes from a hat then to have to highschooler who works at a parts desk give you informed descissions about a car he hasnt even had experience working on.

you have acsess to a obd2 scanner that shows live data? if not take it to a shop and they will diagnose it for cheap and get it done.

3. White6GAV6

White6GAV6 Well-Known Member

Little bump. Did anything ever come of this? My car has been acting up recently, pretty close to what you're experienceing. It feels like the car has a really bad misfire, yet it throws no codes.

4. Baller

Baller Active Member

A little update for an old thread. I hope it can help someone. My problem turned out to be a problem with the rings in the valve cover that go around the spark plug tubes. When I did the valves, I wasn't as careful as I should have been when reinstalling the valve covers. Oil was getting down into the tubes and down all over the coils. I cleaned out the tubes, got new coils and reinstalled the valve covers and everything has been good to go. Currently at 278k and purrs like a kitten. Below is what you don't want your coil to look like when you pull it.

[​IMG]

5. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn Well-Known Member

Coil packs don't need to be replaced unless they're obviously bad.

I've had that happen to me once before. If they are mixed with oil because of a failed spark plug well grommet as you showed us, just clean out all the oil using an air compressor or a straw and a (children's over the counter) medical syringe to purge the oil out of the well. Any little bits of oil remaining, I'd let drip into the chamber. Yea, you'll burn oil for a little bit, but so long as it's all sealed up properly, it won't be for too long that you'll be burning oil.