Parents won't let me mod

Olddohc

Reaction score
I am older and have a kid but I can still sympathize with your situation. When I was 16 my dad had the option of getting me a 90 5.0 mustang with bad paint for $1000 or an 89 v6 probe with better paint for $2000. Against my wishes he got the probe. When I turned 18 I sold the POS( luckily it was in my name) and began my crx build. He felt disrespected and cut me off from any and all financial support. Offer to buy the car off your parents or get a new car. If they dont understand now they will never understand. We as car guys are different. Its either in your blood or its not. You will never convince them that its therapeutic to build and drive a nice car and they will never convince you that its pointless and just sucks your wallet dry. Best of luck

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
To answer some of your guy's questions:
- Yes, my parents did buy me the car for my 16th birthday
- Like I said, I have been paying for gas, and will start with insurance in the coming months.

I understand that they are looking out for me financially and don't want to see me blow my bank account. I had a thought just before making this reply that I could not add any more (or daydream about anymore) mods for the car and wait until my brother gets his learners permit, teach him to drive it, and give it to him as a 16th birthday present. (W/ Parents approval since it's in their name), and then I would buy a newer used car (I was thinking '11 WRX). By the time he turns 16, I will be 18.

Olddohc

Reaction score
Wrxs are expensive to mod. My buddy is 21. Has a 2012. Put on a bigger turbo, injectors, top mount, downpipe, cobb, etc. tuned it and made 344. All that cost him $4500ish. A month ago he got rod knock. Luckily he is barely under warranty. We put it back to stock and they covered it.

Olddohc

Reaction score
Just stay honda. Get an integra. Full motor build is 3-4k. Then boost it. It will last forever and make 300-400 all day. I just picked up a 98 ex accord sedan 5 speed. Im gonna build the block, put in an lsd, stock head, shooting for 350-400. Good thing about the f23 is it will make more tq per hp than b series.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I wanted a wrx forever. I really really a 2.5rs though. But everyone at my school wants one and I just didn't want to be like everybody else because in Washington a subaru is the most common car lol.

hirichard

Reaction score
Nike-Just-Do-It-92.jpg

f23accord2000

Reaction score
if you pay the insurance andd its your car and its registered under your name and you have a job then you can do what you want you shouldnt need there permission its your hard earned money and time to do something you enjoy doing its a hobby that we all take pride in at the en of the day and of your life.just spend wisely and not excessive MOD SMART!!!!.sit them down an have a chat they should respect any ideas and things you want to do its about growing up MAKING OWN CHOICES....

ujinyuki

Reaction score
spend out a little by little so they wont notice it... start out with the under the hood and suspension, clean your car everyday so they will see how much you care for the car so sooner or later they will not object coz they see that you sure do love your car... :rockit:

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
spend out a little by little so they wont notice it... start out with the under the hood and suspension, clean your car everyday so they will see how much you care for the car so sooner or later they will not object coz they see that you sure do love your car... :rockit:
I laugh at every time my family says I care about my car more than myself.:love: I think their right. haha

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
if you pay the insurance andd its your car and its registered under your name and you have a job then you can do what you want you shouldnt need there permission its your hard earned money and time to do something you enjoy doing its a hobby that we all take pride in at the en of the day and of your life.just spend wisely and not excessive MOD SMART!!!!.sit them down an have a chat they should respect any ideas and things you want to do its about growing up MAKING OWN CHOICES....
Exactly how I planned it. I don't start paying my insurance until next month but once that comes I will be able to say "I pay for everything on my car by myself!" :D

Back