Parents won't let me mod

f20bcg3

Reaction score
^ wow never have been so interested in reading threads like this one i cant really put my input in because i was kicked out at 16 living in my first car which was a pontiac grand prix for 3 months until a nice Samaritan took me in and gave me the chance to finish high school all i can say is i know u want ur ride to look like all these nice rides on the forum (hell i do to) but people on the forum didn't mod their cars over night or in a couple months this stuff takes time so take your time enjoy high school and keep moddin little by little and youll see youll have a nice ride in no time

brian6speed

Reaction score
Lol at the part about if your opinion is different than mine then don't post and get out.

Must be nice to be in high school and think you know everything when in reality you know nothing.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
DJjazzyjeff.jpg

You'll learn, soon enough.

Doesn't matter how much you love cars, your parents are trying to teach you good money sense.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
hahah, the question is, did u pay for your car?

if so, then you can do what ever you want to it, regardless of what your parents say

but if they paid for it, its under their name, its their car, not yours

so save up money so you can pay for that car, and swap the name owner to yours, and once that happen, then you can stand straight and say to your parents, its my car, I love her, and I would love to spend money on her, and there is nothing you can do about it ;)

I just can't stand at people (kids) who get their car from their parents and complain about their rules, its like, that girl who was suing her parents for school money and such cuz she left the house, cuz she don't wanna follow the rule

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You’re 16 and you live under your parent’s roof. They have the right to tell you what to do. Did your parents buy you the car, or did you buy it with your own money? If you bought the car with your own money, then you could possibly use that. If they bought the car for you, you just have to respect their decision and wait.

Momentum

Reaction score
My parents were similar. They just care man. I recently installed new raxles on my accord and my dad wants to take it to our go to shop just to make sure I did everything right. They just dont want you to get hurt or lose the car. If you are going to continue to mod just make sure you do it the right way and research.

cfox28

Reaction score
^+1. one way to look at this interest in cars, is how it can help you further on down the line. The information on this site isn't just limited to how to mod your car, but it is also a resource when it comes to other technical problems. I didn't have a father growing up so i kinda played the card, that i'm also learning how to take care of, and appreciate my car. start doing stuff like changing your own oil, replacing rotors and pads, and they'll see the 1: your learning a new skill and 2: you are saving money by doing it. heck even having a 20 dollar obdII scanner to scan a check engine light hardly compares to the honda stealership wanting to charge 90. I think one of the key points here is that if you make it about responsible learning, instead of taking shortcuts, and potentially damaging your car, they might be more inclined to let you.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i installed a stereo in the car i drove in high school, which was my parent's car and i didnt pay a dime towards :lawl: good times...

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I wish my parents would've bought my car. That would give me a lot of money for mods lol. I'm surprised with how big of a problem kids have with their parents letting them mod their cars. The only problem I have encountered is my dad not letting me go lower or me using his eBay account all the time.

Back