Raptor ballast sucks !

juicebox00

Reaction score
Re: ddm ballast sucks !

my xenith xenon kit is doing just fine :)

BlackieCG6

Reaction score

35 watts not using any relay harness just plug & play. i had some other cheap-o-brand kit that worked fine & sold them to get these. the have warranty but then i gotta pay shipping back & forth, i might as well just buy a regular big ballast from ebay. im thinking its the slim ballast has a problem that outside ignitor is trouble look at how drowzee's melted !
i've been lazy and not even installed my fogs kit just running nokya h11's. wonder if those r gonna burn out too now

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

:eh: mine still good. been 3 months

raptor kit too

Last edited:

BlackieCG6

Reaction score

WTF? This is the first I've heard of the DDM ballasts that has been negative. I've had mine in for several months. Doesn't add up to me...you got the relay harness?

i got a harness on my fogs, but i've never used a harness on my low beams before and first time i keep having this problem. they flicker and then thats it, bulbs work fine. isnt the harness for 55w kits though ?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

35 watts not using any relay harness just plug & play. i had some other cheap-o-brand kit that worked fine & sold them to get these. the have warranty but then i gotta pay shipping back & forth, i might as well just buy a regular big ballast from ebay. im thinking its the slim ballast has a problem that outside ignitor is trouble look at how drowzee's melted !
i've been lazy and not even installed my fogs kit just running nokya h11's. wonder if those r gonna burn out too now

drowzee also had bought the cheapass raptor kit. not the ddm kit.

jaron001

Reaction score

a harness is for any aftermarket hid kits they keep your equipment safe and stock wiring safe because of the load they use when they power up. so instead of blowing a ballast or main relay or even combination switch you blow a simple $3 relay

truWarier02

Reaction score

mine is the 35w plug&play DDM slim-ballast.. it's been on for a year and it's been fine.

DaSmittyman

Reaction score

i have the cheap ones from ddm tuning, the 40 dollar set i believe. They only have a year warranty i believe, i didn't notice until it was to late that the 60 dollar ones are lifetime. My 40 dollar ones are working great though, i have had them for 3 or 4 months now(crossing fingers now)

Back