Really considering swapping to an AP1 S2000, H22 Accord part out?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
One nice thing about a CARB legal turbo setup is that basically, if you can pass smog, you can usually get away with doing things you are not allowed to. Most people smogging your car will not know anything and you just point at the sticker.

cvjoint

Reaction score
One nice thing about a CARB legal turbo setup is that basically, if you can pass smog, you can usually get away with doing things you are not allowed to. Most people smogging your car will not know anything and you just point at the sticker.

You mean like raising the boost 2lbs or so? :driving: Awesome! I think the sticker doesn't say much you are right. If they decide to look it up though it tells you just about everything, turbo model, engine management should be locked, internal wastegate etc.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
You mean like raising the boost 2lbs or so? :driving: Awesome! I think the sticker doesn't say much you are right. If they decide to look it up though it tells you just about everything, turbo model, engine management should be locked, internal wastegate etc.

I know people who have swapped their injectors, used an SAFC or standalone, done internal work, etc. Most smog people don't know what to look for, it isn't legal but you are messing with things that can be hidden easily, or wouldn't be noticed. It is sort of ironic but the more CARB stickers you have, the more illegal your car can be without getting noticed. It totally depends on the technician (some would try to fail you on the visual if you didn't go past the kit because they don't know enough), so you never know but it isn't that hard to fool them when you have the sticker.

cvjoint

Reaction score
Going out to test an S2k tomorrow! There is one at Carmax nearby and given the rain I can't do my canyon run that I planned previously.

It's an AP2 with lame drive by wire but I wanna see first hand how it feels to drive one with the top up, mainly can I fit in it? Ha Ha

cvjoint

Reaction score
Irvine one. Do you know if they ever sell AP1s? I see they usually shoot for low millage cars but do they also shoot for a certain year range too? I really want an AP1.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Irvine one. Do you know if they ever sell AP1s? I see they usually shoot for low millage cars but do they also shoot for a certain year range too? I really want an AP1.

they do get them but since they only sell used cars so you have to wait for someone to trade in or sell their cars to carmax ... that's how i picked up my 6ga ... but i think if you go to carmax they can check the inventory at other stores for you and if they find what you want they will get it transferred to that store

cvjoint

Reaction score
S2ks sell like hot bread! That thing sold in less than 24hrs, didn't even get to test drive it haha. '

I'm starting to miss the Accord already. I passed a police car going 60 in a 35 zone and the guy didn't even notice. If I was in a yellow S2k he would have probably U turned in a second. :D

I decided I wanna have some fun with the Accord over the spring break. Wanna do lateral Gs, qt mile, and some track time. It's a shame to part it without getting some numbers other than a dyno. Some canyon videos, rolling shots, and sound clips would be nice too.

MAR387

Reaction score
To add to the S2000, I plan on keeping my 01' CG3 and getting an 05-06 S2000 in 1.5 years or so. You cannot beat the S2000. People will say it is underpowered, so what. It is quite frankly the best balanced car you can get for the money, while also having Honda reliability. It is truly a work of art.

Back