Rear Disc Conversion - for those without

lashlee

Reaction score
While I was at the junk yard the other day I noticed quite a few of the rear disc cars there. I know that some people don't have the luxury of being close to a few junk yards but I may be able to work out getting them removed and shipped off, as long as there is some interest. I'm sure there will be some shipping issues and the first few may have to be a little more patient as I figure out the best way to ship them but I think it could be a good deal. Since I've done both a RDC as well as a 5 lug conversion I know what to get. I plan on having the rear knuckles, rotor, caliper, trailing link, and soft line. The buyer will be responsible for getting the parking brake cables from the dealer or TAS.

Let me know if there is a reasonable amount of interest in this. The guy at the junk yard said $300 for the stuff then I will have to figure shipping. The only thing that I ask is this is not my day job (which working swing shift means I disappear for a few days at a time) and my family comes before everything so relax if I don't answer within 20 minutes. Feel free to PM or I would prefer email to work out the details.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to ask any questions.

Bax

Reaction score
You can get a 5 lug swap around that same price.
Honestly if it were cheaper I'd be down, but $300 before shipping is too much. that's just my opinion though.

I wish I had some nice junkyards around me though. :( lol

lashlee

Reaction score
Bax - What kind of money would you be willing to pay. I haven't checked in quite some time so I don't even know what is the going rate for a RDC? This way when I go back on Monday I can let them know and see if we can work something out.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
$300 for 5 lug and RDC? If so than that's not bad at all. I don't know how much RDC costs but I payed 240 for my full 5 lug/v6 brake upgrade and that was at a reasonably priced junk yard. Obviously every wrecking/salvage yard differs in price. The parts that I got for the price are as follows:

(2) Front knuckles
(2) Front 5 lug hubs
(2) v6 calipers (loaded with pads)
(2) v6 rotors
(3) Rear 5 lug hubs

Bax

Reaction score
^ that's my point. If you're going to throw down a few hundred, why not do the famous 5 lug swap.
I'd be willing to do $180-ish without the rotors on them to save for shipping, b/c I'd rather buy new rotors anyways.
That's not me trying to lowball or be a cheapass, I just don't really need rear rotors to the point of spending anywhere over 200 bucks for them.. I hope that makes sense.

You also have to change the ebrake line when going from drums to discs right?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
You also have to change the ebrake line when going from drums to discs right?

Yes. You can use either 4cyl or v6 e-brake lines as long as they are from rear disc brakes. I'm not sure if coupe/sedan matters though.

lashlee

Reaction score
Well I'll let it die. I guess that if anyone can't find anything close by let me know and I can see what I can do.

SuperMidget

Reaction score
So does anyone know if there's a bunch of interchangable parts for our 6th gen accords? for the disc rear conversion? (would be cool to know about 4 AND 5 lug conversions for sedans and coupes)

Ex: the 94 - 00 preludes rear disc parts would fit on our accords.

know where I'm going with this?

Back