Resetting your ECU: After mods and Environment changes.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Agreed /\/\ This actually does nothing in gaining performance...Maybe a smoother throttle response and maybe a gallon to two gallon in saving gas. .

I guess I should have quantified my answer better instead of "running better"... the throttle rolls in and out smoother than it did before... instead of having some lag between pushing the accelerater and moving forward, its a smoother transition. Of course this "mod" isn't going to add performance, just freshen up the car's mind.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed /\/\ This actually does nothing in gaining performance...Maybe a smoother throttle response and maybe a gallon to two gallon in saving gas. But running it hard is not going to make you run any harder than it is...

I also heard disconnecting the battery and opening the left door, then opening the gas tank, closing the gas tank, opening the hood, disconnecting the left axle, and than putting it back together gains, a solid 12whp....

Dont waste your time on this, this guy knows nothing more than to copy and paste.

LOL - Exactly what I would've said but I took it easy.

codeblack

Reaction score
i never said it would improve any performance, this is simply just to let your car to adjust quicker to your environment and any mods that you have added.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
if you touch the negative and postive cables together doesnt it shock the **** out of you? also is driving it hard 3 times really worth it or is that part just bs?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
if you touch the negative and postive cables together doesnt it shock the **** out of you? also is driving it hard 3 times really worth it or is that part just bs?

Not that it's a good idea or that there is any point but no. It's not hooked up to a battery so there may be a very small amount of stored electricity in the system. This thread is too funny though.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Wikipedia version of this thread:

Doing this will work for about 6hrs before the ecu resets itself to its Low Emissions settings. good to use before Drag Racing

Back