RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT *Wheel update*

DSC03205_zps22fd45e9.jpg

Congrats RR! This pics will look much better once you go lower. Good thing koni can be dialed once you pair it with the GC sleeves. Another busy days ahead of you.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT *Wheel update*

Am I gonna be "that guy" to say, I don't actually like it...

:lawl:

At least at this height I don't. Sorry

Edit: I can appreciate the work that was put into them. Nicely done on the wheels themselves

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Alright, they're on the car! Feeling any difference when driving? Are those lighter / heavier than A-specs?

Show us a side shot as a whole car, Chris.

TheOne

Banned
Reaction score

Chris its Matt. Text me pics if the setup

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Where is Alex, PLS shop the best pic lower.

Chris, the setup looks great, all the hard work and patience has paid off.

Will definately be on point with the GC's.

Doesn't look like you really need to get spacers either.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I just realized the gold looks a little off in the three quarter shots, it was late in the day and I didn’t angle the car just quite enough. But the shot with the BBK is more true of what the gold looks like.

Inch lower, Chris .. At least an inch lower !! :drool:

Soon, Alex. :)

:omghi2u: Love the look of that BBK behind there

Once you're an inch or so lower, it's going to look perfect

Me too, I think that red looks intense peeking out from behind the gold.

Yeah the rear just doesn’t look aggressive enough at the current height, I will be going lower and hopefully that will be fixed.

Damn Chris! those look beautiful after all the man hours poured into them. And i see swirls on your front bumper. :lawl:

The whole car has swirls, I need to get it detailed haha. Thanks Lemon, it was a lot of work haha. Btw thanks for the effort you put into ROTM.

oh god. its beautiful. come down moar! :lawl:

Thanks Dommy boy! It will be lower soon…

NSFW content!!!! :lawl:

Beautifully done man!

:lawl: Thanks Jordan, I know these specs are probably completely unaggressive to you, but for me they just fit haha.

DSC03205_zps22fd45e9.jpg

Congrats RR! This pics will look much better once you go lower. Good thing koni can be dialed once you pair it with the GC sleeves. Another busy days ahead of you.

Yeah, for whatever reason the wheel gap just became so much more apparent once I put these on, everything will look better when I close the gap a little. Plus I need stiffer rates so I don’t rub, but definitely glad I can soften up the dampening if I need to.

Am I gonna be "that guy" to say, I don't actually like it...

:lawl:

At least at this height I don't. Sorry

Edit: I can appreciate the work that was put into them. Nicely done on the wheels themselves

Haha love the edit. Everyone’s different.

Looks kinda weird with the gold finish and chrome hardware... gold vs-xx's are supposed to have black hardware..:ugh:

I don’t like the look of black with gold, black looks okay with silver though. I just wanted the bolts to be the original finish in which they were released, which was the plated silver.

Alright, they're on the car! Feeling any difference when driving? Are those lighter / heavier than A-specs?

Show us a side shot as a whole car, Chris.

There is likely a difference with lighter wheels, which these are, but I didn’t push it too much since it was the first time running them. The car was a little more sprite around turns though, but I’ll verify if that was placebo or not after I put them back on and drive it harder. The rims themselves are lighter than the A-Specs, but I think the tires are heavier.

Speaking of the tires…they are incredible. Up to now the best tires I’d ever driven on were Toyo T1R’s, but these Potenza RE760’s are amazing.

I took a few side profile shots, but I didn’t like any of them haha. The current ride height just wasn’t doing it for me. But the wheels are off now, so once winter is over and the GC’s are installed, I’ll be getting a professional shoot done.

Where is Alex, PLS shop the best pic lower.

Chris, the setup looks great, all the hard work and patience has paid off.

Will definately be on point with the GC's.

Doesn't look like you really need to get spacers either.

Thanks Derek! Maybe I’ll shop a pic on my lunch today haha. Did you mean the last one?

Definitely happy with the wheels themselves, they look so good especially in the sun, and the tires are BA. In terms of the fitment, I agree everything will be perfect once it’s’ lower.

I actually had to take off the rear spacers. The specs are perfectly flush on their own.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Yes, last pic would be good to see how it would look lower.

I read about the spacers after I posted. Definately don't need anything on there.

May even get a little camber on the rear once you drop it down a bit.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

There is likely a difference with lighter wheels, which these are, but I didn’t push it too much since it was the first time running them. The car was a little more sprite around turns though, but I’ll verify if that was placebo or not after I put them back on and drive it harder. The rims themselves are lighter than the A-Specs, but I think the tires are heavier.

Speaking of the tires…they are incredible. Up to now the best tires I’d ever driven on were Toyo T1R’s, but these Potenza RE760’s are amazing.

I took a few side profile shots, but I didn’t like any of them haha. The current ride height just wasn’t doing it for me. But the wheels are off now, so once winter is over and the GC’s are installed, I’ll be getting a professional shoot done.
Nice to hear that they're lighter than A-Spec.

I'm guessing that your RE's have more grip & less road noise than your previous tires. Like i said, good choice. :boink:

Haha that's okay. It's interesing that the ride height becomes a little noticable, albeit w/ the same spec w/ A-Specs (225/40/R18). Maybe it's the design of the tire sidewalls, or the visual effects of the chrome lips that emphasize the thinness of your tire sidewalls. (The thinner the sidewalls, the more fender gaps become noticable imo.) Looking fwd to see the heigt w/ GC''s.

Btw, I remember you told me:

"I think I'm getting to the point where I just don't feel like dumping too much more money into it. At least no more big projects, I will probably do small things here and there."

It was a sad thing to hear from you, but... First, big upgrade on rims. Then, suspension upgrade next. Yeah right, they're small things, my friend. :lawl:

Back