scratched my new tint ! FML

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I got 20% Llumar tints (lifetime warranty) all around and 5% windshield visor strip all for $120 flat.. I couldn't roll my windows down for a while, good thing it was Autumn.

Daku

Reaction score
when i got my windows done, the guy put tape on the window switches, so me (or my dumbass passengers) dont accidentally put the windows down without realizing it. it honestly did save my *** a few times as i reached to put it down but the tape stopped me. it was a ***** for drive thru's though.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
lol maybe just wait a week, and say that you tried to roll it down yesterday and that happened. depending on the tint shop, you'll either have to be polite and they'll fix it for free or you'll have to really cause a ruckus then they'll fix it for free.

xx24xx

Reaction score
You are supposed to get a warranty card when you buy tints. You don't get one if your tints are not in compliance with the local law. So basically your screwed. If you went to a good tint shop this wouldn't have happened. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
:boohoo:

A good tint shop will use a heat gun for many reasons. I was able to roll my windows down the day I picked it up. Not being able to roll your windows down for a week is stupid.

Last edited:

Crono139

Reaction score
I was able to roll my windows down the day I picked it up.

Cookie?

My tint guy replaces my front window tint every other December. He uses a heat gun after the tint is applied, but he still recommends that I don't roll down the windows for about a week just to be on the safe side. It's no big deal to me.

Last edited:

purplehaze

Reaction score
lol me and the guy looked and found that there was a chunk of glass stuck inside the felt -_-

from when someone smashed my window a couple years ago ..

he was just like 'its not your fault, but its not our fault either"

so yeah, got it redone for $20, pretty decent

so remember guys, always clean out your window cracks !

Back