Sleeper Cell's Coupe *56K death trap*

truWarier02

Reaction score
I've roasted so many tires, cracked or bent so many wheels, cracked or broken so many lips, etc. lol

I just want a nice stock car to drive for now.

One example of my crappy luck is my most recent occurrence. I got an alignment a few months ago, and noticed one day that the rears on my car were super bald. On my way to pick up a pair of replacement tires for the rear (ironically the same brand/model/size as my fronts), I got a flat from how bad my toe was. Put a spare on, installed new toe/camber arms, put the new tires on, and got another alignment. On my way home from my alignment shop, my fender rubbed my new tire so much that it put a hole in the sidewall. Luckily I had an extra one at work that I got a while back. So I spent money on a tire that literally lasted me 50 miles, and I had two flats within six days.

After I got home, I had to take a hammer to my fender in order to make enough room for the new wheel tire. Now my fenders are pretty beat. In case anyone is wondering, Continental ContiSportContact 5Ps run very fat. They are not ideal for stretching.

I feel you man. I was in a similar "state of mind" a while back in the beginning of July.

So by the end of June, I had bought all my 5-lug conversion parts and was just waiting on my wheels and tires to arrive. I was planning to get everything installed two weeks after. Around that time, I had known my front tires were just about done from camber wear and I was going to wait 2 more weeks until I did the swap and put my new wheels on. I was like "This is perfect." But it just so happened that the insides started showing wires the very next day. There's no way I would run them another 2 weeks as I commute 50 miles a day.

I brought it to a shop and had them replaced with two tires I had laying around that had some camber wear. Ran them for a couple of days and one developed a big bubble on the sidewall... GREAT. So I went to a shop to get it replaced with a new tire. As he tried to remove the lug nuts, two of them wouldn't budge. Just my luck.. two stripped studs...on a 4-LUG WHEEL! And they were a tire-change only shop. What was I to do on a Friday around 4pm when shops are getting ready to close. Now I have to spend money to replace two studs, possibly a hub and I am just about a week away from doing my swap. Now I'm rolling on two effective studs, and luckily I found a shop near my house willing to replace the studs. Disaster avoided.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I'm having my conversion done. Guy calls me telling me my front passenger wheel will not clear the Legend caliper with my 5mm spacers and I needed an 8mm to clear. FxCK ME. Luckily the owner of an NSX who was having his car worked on at the shop just so happened to have 8mm spacers and was willing to sell them to me. Clearance between the wheel face and the caliper was so minimal, I couldn't even squeeze a paper through. I bought 10mm spacers several days later.

Fast forward 3 weeks later and I get pulled over for modified suspension. At this point, I had pretty much given up on my car and was contemplating going back to complete stock and maybe selling the car. There goes $2000 down the drain (conversion & wheels). But I came to my senses a few days later and decided after I get my citation corrected, I'm going to return it back to its current state. There are still some days I wish I had a nice bone-stock car for my DD.

TL;DR, sorry for the essay. I wish you the best, Kev.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
I've roasted so many tires, cracked or bent so many wheels, cracked or broken so many lips, etc. lol

I just want a nice stock car to drive for now.

One example of my crappy luck is my most recent occurrence. I got an alignment a few months ago, and noticed one day that the rears on my car were super bald. On my way to pick up a pair of replacement tires for the rear (ironically the same brand/model/size as my fronts), I got a flat from how bad my toe was. Put a spare on, installed new toe/camber arms, put the new tires on, and got another alignment. On my way home from my alignment shop, my fender rubbed my new tire so much that it put a hole in the sidewall. Luckily I had an extra one at work that I got a while back. So I spent money on a tire that literally lasted me 50 miles, and I had two flats within six days.

After I got home, I had to take a hammer to my fender in order to make enough room for the new wheel tire. Now my fenders are pretty beat. In case anyone is wondering, Continental ContiSportContact 5Ps run very fat. They are not ideal for stretching.
Sucks to roll hard :/

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I feel you man. I was in a similar "state of mind" a while back in the beginning of July.

So by the end of June, I had bought all my 5-lug conversion parts and was just waiting on my wheels and tires to arrive. I was planning to get everything installed two weeks after. Around that time, I had known my front tires were just about done from camber wear and I was going to wait 2 more weeks until I did the swap and put my new wheels on. I was like "This is perfect." But it just so happened that the insides started showing wires the very next day. There's no way I would run them another 2 weeks as I commute 50 miles a day.

I brought it to a shop and had them replaced with two tires I had laying around that had some camber wear. Ran them for a couple of days and one developed a big bubble on the sidewall... GREAT. So I went to a shop to get it replaced with a new tire. As he tried to remove the lug nuts, two of them wouldn't budge. Just my luck.. two stripped studs...on a 4-LUG WHEEL! And they were a tire-change only shop. What was I to do on a Friday around 4pm when shops are getting ready to close. Now I have to spend money to replace two studs, possibly a hub and I am just about a week away from doing my swap. Now I'm rolling on two effective studs, and luckily I found a shop near my house willing to replace the studs. Disaster avoided.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I'm having my conversion done. Guy calls me telling me my front passenger wheel will not clear the Legend caliper with my 5mm spacers and I needed an 8mm to clear. FxCK ME. Luckily the owner of an NSX who was having his car worked on at the shop just so happened to have 8mm spacers and was willing to sell them to me. Clearance between the wheel face and the caliper was so minimal, I couldn't even squeeze a paper through. I bought 10mm spacers several days later.

Fast forward 3 weeks later and I get pulled over for modified suspension. At this point, I had pretty much given up on my car and was contemplating going back to complete stock and maybe selling the car. There goes $2000 down the drain (conversion & wheels). But I came to my senses a few days later and decided after I get my citation corrected, I'm going to return it back to its current state. There are still some days I wish I had a nice bone-stock car for my DD.

TL;DR, sorry for the essay. I wish you the best, Kev.
Fuuuuuuuu that's that **** I don't like. I still love the chassis a lot. It looks great when done right, and it's fairly easy to work on basic things. Right now though, things aren't looking up for this car. :(
Sucks to roll hard :/
Holy moly! Haven't seen you on in forever! It does suck to roll hard sometimes. Rolled too hard, and paid the price. What have you been up to my dude? Shoot me a text!

slowaccord

Reaction score
ur fitment is sick but ive never been a fan of the wavy fenders. Literally every accord guy with crazy settups (and probably 99% of these hella flush guys) have wavy *** fenders. It's too much along with the other stuff that goes along with lowered cars

lol that reminds me. The other day I was leaving an autozone parking lot and had to use the entrance side to angle my car so it would not bottom out. A car was turning in and almost hit me head on. Freaked me out and was embarrassing/scary all at once.

leave ur next car stock. lol

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
My next car is not gonna remain stock. I can't keep myself sane with insane wheel gap. That being said, it will be a while before I drop it. Stock cars feel so nice now. Lol

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Are you going to hold on to the Accord Kevin, or trade it in? Sad to see you moving on, but I completely understand.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Holy moly! Haven't seen you on in forever! It does suck to roll hard sometimes. Rolled too hard, and paid the price. What have you been up to my dude? Shoot me a text!
Hayyy frosty! Haven't talked to you forever. Just trying to finish up school, I've been on the road for 3 mos doing auditions or orthopedics. Whatchu up to?
ur fitment is sick but ive never been a fan of the wavy fenders. Literally every accord guy with crazy settups (and probably 99% of these hella flush guys) have wavy *** fenders. It's too much along with the other stuff that goes along with lowered cars
My **** ain't wavy breh!
My next car is not gonna remain stock. I can't keep myself sane with insane wheel gap. That being said, it will be a while before I drop it. Stock cars feel so nice now. Lol
Air ride. Sure, some will call you weak, but keeping your car in decent condition is cooler than driving a fitted bucket.
lol, i hear ya. Jake's still got his I hope, probably just focused solely on school.
Yeah, still have the hoe. It's been sitting in the garage untouched for awhile while I'm away from home. I plan to get it back to 100% once I get home, hopefully before January. What's up with your car bud?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
almost everyone moved on but me and brad lol

Some are still around, we just are not that active anymore. Still tooling with my 01 Accord. Waiting on Mr. Smalser to finish up a tuning solution for my J35. AEM FIC is NOT universal...those Ba$tards.

Back