Something weird happening with ignition

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Are the connections at the battery clean and tight? I suspect since you are disconnecting/connecting you must have ruled that out already. I doubt it is the alternator because you said when you get it started it runs fine. If the alternator was going bad the car should die on you while you are driving. Places like AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts will test your alternator for free, so you could do that to totally rule out a bad alternator.
When it won't start does it try to turn over, or does it do nothing at all?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Okay after reading a different thread, I realized something that may have to do with my problem here. Whenever my car finally does start after a while, the car sputters a lot and shuts off. The only way to prevent this is to rev the car for a good minute and then the sputtering minimizes. Also, under normal circumstances when my car starts fine and everything, whenever I put my car into park and turn it off, the car also shakes for a second and then turns off. It's not like any of my other family cars that it just shuts off nicely and doesn't shake.

Someone in the other thread said that this indicates a fuel problem. What kind of fuel problem can it be? Should I just change the fuel filter and see if that's it? Or could it be the injectors?

BTW, I had a battery and alternator test, and they both tested to be 100%. He said I had more than enough juice to start the car.

hendizzlez

Reaction score
i think you shuld seriously have the dealer check it out.. the recall u had seems different from the one hancock was talking about.. i had the ignition switch recall done for my car when my car started shutting off all of a sudden..

and to reset the ecu, i read on somewhere, that u have to disconnect both terminals, remove the harazd fuse in the engine bay. then replace the fuse and the terminals. start ur car and let it idle for 10 mins then turn it off and on again.. idk if i helped, but give it a try...

accordc1

Reaction score
test fuel injectors 11.6 maybe its just regulator problems beats me check it all regulator should drain power try do a full field test.

Last edited:

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Ok, it started happening again now.

Sometimes the car starts back up after a couple minutes instead of 20 minutes only when I play around with the wires in the drivers side fuse box. My mechanic told me to do that the next time it happens. It didn't immediately solve the problem temporarily but it did help. He said that he'll change that "relay" then and it should fix the problem. Do you know which relay this is?

Roadrage

Reaction score
a shot in the dark but it may be one of those fuses right under the hood in the black box. ( the are big as hell) not the usual size fuses.

Back