SRS light bulb

MAR387

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic but if I try to remove the srs light bulb from my cluster, is there a good chance I can screw up the gauges such as the alignment and such? This is a last resort if Honda decides to charge me $500+ for an SRS repair when I bring it to them. I have inspection this month.

FYI - I tried to delete the post in the "2002 cluster question" question but no worky.

Thanks,
Mike

dtraill27

Reaction score
if you go to sell the car with that bulb pulled the buyer can sue you. honda said they would charge me to repair my opds in my passenger seat but they covered it. they have before srs related issues

Last edited:

inv4zn

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't actually have a problem with the airbags?

Does the light come on always, or is it when you do something?

I know my light comes up if I'm in my seat with the ignition on, and I remove my seatbelt. PITA...and in Canada seat belt parts don't have lifetime warranty (I think).

You may want to look into the cause if you haven't already done so

dvilla5506

Reaction score
does it go on if u get another steering wheel like the short hub and lets say personal or momo steering wheel

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic but if I try to remove the srs light bulb from my cluster, is there a good chance I can screw up the gauges such as the alignment and such? This is a last resort if Honda decides to charge me $500+ for an SRS repair when I bring it to them. I have inspection this month.

FYI - I tried to delete the post in the "2002 cluster question" question but no worky.

Thanks,
Mike

Honda offers a lifetime warranty anything safety related, also your problem is probably a Seat belt buckle sensor, which is 1 of the 2 related SRS system recall for Honda. If its any of those two problems, its free.
does it go on if u get another steering wheel like the short hub and lets say personal or momo steering wheel
anytime you unplug an air bag or have a problem with the srs, it will trigger a system fault and the srs light will come on. Your best bet is to use a S2000 steering wheel or accord type R steering wheel as their air bags work with our SRS system. And believe me, if you have ever been in any accident, you dont want to purposely disable your air bag.

dvilla5506

Reaction score
yea i know it hit me in my face but i didnt feel it i avoid the freeway as much as i can and i dont go past the speed limit at all well now that i know i can get an s2000 steering wheel and use the airbag i shall get one thank u

MAR387

Reaction score
The issue is the car was in an accident but this was literally 3 years ago. I rear ended someone at around 30MPH, someone stopped abruptly and I did not have time to react. The front bumper and hood needed to be replaced by that's about it. At the time, the air bags did not deploy and nor was there any damage, seemingly, to the SRS system. With that said, my SRS light came on about 5 months ago or less. Before that, I never had any issue with it.

I do not feel like going through the effort of tripping the SRS light, it's on whenever the car is running, so I assume there IS an issue. I made an appointment with Honda last week to get this checked out but they were closed due to the snow we had. I have a rescheduled appointment this week. I am willing to pay for a repair as long as Honda doesn't screw me, if it were to come to that. I know that they pay for the SRS system, for the lifetime of the vehicle, at least in most regions.

However, I called one other Honda dealership about this and from the impression I got, this lifetime warranty is voided once a car is in an accident. And this is why I am paranoid, especially since I have to get the car inspected this month.

TheHunter

Reaction score
The issue is the car was in an accident but this was literally 3 years ago. I rear ended someone at around 30MPH, someone stopped abruptly and I did not have time to react. The front bumper and hood needed to be replaced by that's about it. At the time, the air bags did not deploy and nor was there any damage, seemingly, to the SRS system. With that said, my SRS light came on about 5 months ago or less. Before that, I never had any issue with it.

I do not feel like going through the effort of tripping the SRS light, it's on whenever the car is running, so I assume there IS an issue. I made an appointment with Honda last week to get this checked out but they were closed due to the snow we had. I have a rescheduled appointment this week. I am willing to pay for a repair as long as Honda doesn't screw me, if it were to come to that. I know that they pay for the SRS system, for the lifetime of the vehicle, at least in most regions.

However, I called one other Honda dealership about this and from the impression I got, this lifetime warranty is voided once a car is in an accident. And this is why I am paranoid, especially since I have to get the car inspected this month.

My SRS light was on from the previous owner removing the cluster, and it can apparently come on in a lot of different ways, but resetting it is super simple, and it's really the only way to find out if something is really wrong with the SRS system. If something is really wrong the light will come back on again.

MAR387

Reaction score
My SRS light was on from the previous owner removing the cluster, and it can apparently come on in a lot of different ways, but resetting it is super simple, and it's really the only way to find out if something is really wrong with the SRS system. If something is really wrong the light will come back on again.

Yes, you're right to an extent. However, I am on a tight time schedule and this car needs to be inspected this month. I can't be screwing around with resetting the SRS light and hope it doesn't come back on before I can make it to the inspection station. Additionally, it makes more sense to go to Honda and have them do it as long as they aren't jerks about my accident from 3 years ago. I go there, they diagnose it, and then tell me what it is and it should be free. I just don't want them to say like, "Oh, you were in an accident. Can't fix that then." I could just lie but I don't know if that's the best idea.

Back