SRS Light

BigAnt

Reaction score
Today I removed my front passenger seat. I removed the plug for the seat buckle sensor. When I turned on the car my SRS light was on. I tried disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes and that didn't work.

Would I need to get a OBD2 scanner to turn off the light?

I have a 2001 LX.

Thanks for all the help.

MrLazie1

Reaction score
obd2 scanner will not work. you will need a key for the scanner to work it also. i already tried with a modis with the right key. there is a diy on how to reset it. do that.

finch13

Reaction score
Word. I think you need the Honda PGM Tester or do it manually. Our Genysis Evo wouldn't turn it off either.

Sent from my Nexus One

rafalc

Reaction score
Today I removed my front passenger seat. I removed the plug for the seat buckle sensor. When I turned on the car my SRS light was on. I tried disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes and that didn't work.

Would I need to get a OBD2 scanner to turn off the light?

I have a 2001 LX.

Thanks for all the help.

I did the same thing on my 2002. Took out the seat, disconnected all the connectors underneath and unfortunately had to turn on the engine - which triggered the light. I put the seat back in, reconnected everything but light stayed on.

I already tried this:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166&highlight=SRS

but step 2 does not happen.....the light never goes off....Im stuck...

rafalc

Reaction score
UPDATE...and something to laugh at----

First of all I noticed that you can read the SRS code the same way you can read the CEL codes....by shorting pins 8 and 13 of the connector. I got code 9-3 which is the seat belt buckle...which makes sense since that was 1 of the connectors I disconnected. I figured I can take it to the dealer now and have the buckle replaced since its on warranty but first I tried the SRS reset again. It worked...what I did different than the previous times is I pushed the paperclip further inside the connector. Not sure why its needed but you have to push that thing all the way in, its not enough if it touches the top of the metal pieces.

The SRS cleared and so far is not coming back on.

Now if I can just figure out why 1166 is being thrown on the CEL...the sensor tested OK :(

Back