Started my rally accord with rally mud flaps

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
:thinking: I'm gonna go ahead and join the haters on this one. Accords are not rally cars and this just looks ridiculous in my opinion. BUTTTTTTT its your car so whatever floats your boat.

Drift

Reaction score
I for one......am going to drive The Ring....mark my words.

Agreed. Im planning a trip for next June to go to Isle of Mann TT and then head over the Deutschland to drive the ring. There will be a pit stop in Amsterdam too.. . .

I like the car. . . For the most part. I think there is too much going on though. Rally cars are simple and functional. There is no added flare, except by the sponsors.

Having used my Accord for more than a few rally services myself, I am well aware of its off road capabilities. A good front diff and some strong hand brake cables are really all you need.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Nick, I envy you, going to Europe etc, and Mmmm Amsterdam!

I do love the rally look though. I can say that I personally have rallied my own car in Maine. It wasn't on a course, but it was on desolate wide and well packed logging roads in the northern part of the state. Nothing beats screaming down dirt light right or light left turns doing 90 with dedicated winter tires and no one around for 10s, 20s, or 30s of miles.

Last edited:

Topher88

Reaction score
Good to know! Thanks for the info. One MAJOR dis advantage I have is the fact that I have a heavy V6 and an auto tranny.. But I do love flicking the back end out with the e brake. Did you simply make up your own stronger cable by scratch? Just by getting a thicker gage wire?

Drift

Reaction score
Good to know! Thanks for the info. One MAJOR dis advantage I have is the fact that I have a heavy V6 and an auto tranny.. But I do love flicking the back end out with the e brake. Did you simply make up your own stronger cable by scratch? Just by getting a thicker gage wire?

My cables are 10 years old and have gotten abused all 10 winters. So mine barely lock up any more.

There arent and "upgraded" cables, so as long as they arent fubar-ed like mine, they'll be plenty strong to have some fun with.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
In addition to this, the cable tension can be adjusted at the handbrake handle area. If you reach maximum tension, maybe you can fab up a piece or something to make it even tighter, but I doubt you will need that.

Kyle0614

Reaction score
Ditch the bike rack....ever seen a wrc with a bike rack? I didn't think so :) ....Roll Cage, racing seats, steering wheel, all terrains w/steelies, big brakes, 4 lights above the grill like you planned, some crazy graphics, plexi-glass windows all around,

ditch the tail lights...

put a turbo on that piece ....upgrade the rest of the suspension, hit the trails and call it a day.

maybe u can have it ready in time for x-games "rally" comp next year hehe

Back