Strange rattling noise

stanleybb50

Reaction score
the ones that didnt get yanked out of mine when the exhaust flew apart, i had to cut off. haha. it didnt take me long with a grinder tho.

Maybe I gotta buy a better/different cutter... oh well... guess i only invested a few minutes in it tonight... i had to go shop for the wife's birthday (which is thursday!)

Well I'll give her the old college try again tomorrow... At least I'm probably on the right track...

twokAccord

Reaction score
i used to have the same problem

i bought a highflow cat and the noise went away

but then again it can be your heat shield.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Just an update that I got it changed with the dremel and got the magnaflow cat in and it works perfectly. No CEL light after driving around all day yesterday.

The car also got it's "pep" back.

Thanks to all for your help. Hopefully/maybe this thread will help someone in the future.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Yea, this definetly needs to get done on my car. I hate the annoying rattling. Took me forever to figure out what it was. I would spend hours checking under the car. I even removed all the heat shields and still had the rattling. Im just going to test pipe it and say F it. High flow cats are way to overpriced.

On another note, I've personally used the Random Tech high flow cat on my first car and I loved it. Great quality.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
mileage doesnt mean much on a bad cat my 91 accord had 300k never changed the cat my moms v6 00 has 190k never changed cat mine 130k hasnt changed it or no rattling noise ,that sucks though changing the cat is just as pricey as a timing belt if more

Back