stuck between two cars...

BlakCoupe27

Reaction score
It should.......but if you **** up once, good luck finding someone to rebuild a Wankle. Mazda has been in the habit of replacing engine up until 100k/mi because your typical Mazda tech can't tear down and rebuild a rotary.
Wow bro sounds hard
im assuming its expensive huh :(

Accordman722

Reaction score
My buddy has an rx8 and its pretty tight but id go with the wrx or one with fewer miles.

Namboyz

Reaction score
I WORK at mazda as a porter and i can tell you that even the mechanics say that the rx8 has a terrible motor design. it has alot of engine flooding issues and rebuild issues like the others here have mentioned.

my advice is to stay away from the 8 even tho is looks badass.

BlakCoupe27

Reaction score
I WORK at mazda as a porter and i can tell you that even the mechanics say that the rx8 has a terrible motor design. it has alot of engine flooding issues and rebuild issues like the others here have mentioned.

my advice is to stay away from the 8 even tho is looks badass.

Are the repairs on the 8 expensive bro?

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
engine rebuilds are always expensive

you could get a wrx and look like every other kid on the street

but then again there is the rally argument, which is pretty legit

what are you wanting this car to do for you?

scrapnav6

Reaction score
^x2

Despite what everyone says about the rotary, it really isnt the complex of a motor if u take a close look at it. I have a 87' rotary with 100k on it and had it for over a year now and never had an issue. The only problem ive seen with them(just ur average joe) is that there hella slow stock. But the possibilitys are endless for aftermarket parts, and there are many shope that just work with rotarys and ccould probably answer any question u could ever have.

On the otherr hand, subbys are one of the greatest cars out there and will last forever if u treat them rught(like most cars). Even with 130k if it was taken care of it ahould last u another 130k. At the end of the day tho it comes down to w.e u want, do u want a car that will look good and sound like a motorcycle but cant really hold a whole family comfortably, or a car that u can drive all year round anywhere, anytime with anyone. The choice ia yours grasshopper

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
if you're only interested in one of these cars listed i'd look for abuse, when you meet the owners talk to them and get a feel for how they may have treated the cars, and i'd take them to a shop and get them looked at before purchasing.

golden rule is never buy a modded car, there's usually a reason its being sold

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
rx8's, like all rotaries need to be babied. im not saying to keep the revs under 4k, im saying rev the **** out of it, then after all the fun tell her im sorry i won't do it again, change the oil and stuff when needed, she'll come running back.

also i've heard that when the car is cold, never shut it off. that's one way the engine can flood. leave the car on until it warms up a little then shut it off, if you had to move your car in the winter. im guessing the excess heat left over will burn what remaining fuel is in the chambers.

i love rotaries because they are race engines but i agree they are too much work for people like us, meaning with jobs, bills, girlfriends......or boyfriends?, and life basically. people who race rotaries can rebuild them after every race.

if you want less problems and a good DD, buy a wrx. there 02-03 for maybe 8-9k with 80-90k miles on them. or if you want to raise your budget a little search for 04-05 STi's. those can be around 16k-17k more or less.

Back