The accord went for a swim...

score04w

Reaction score
sorry to hear, hopefully they pay for the damages, they should at least, want to see how it all turns out

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
:sad: when i saw the title, i thought your car literally went for a swim as in completely under water... :sad:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
why don't you file a claim to your insurance. When its proven not to be your fault your insurance has to peruse them for the money. Your insurance should reimburse you for your damage to your carpet and labor having to put it in. You're going to have to dry out the car completely or else you will rust. IMO, make an insurance claim if u have a good insurance company.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
wow dre...you really have some bad luck haha...i wasn't expecting it to be that flooded...how long did it take before somebody knew what was going on haha

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Dre, i had a similar thing happen to me. A body plug was missing and my whole car filled up with water after heavy rain.

I was able to clean everything well but had to take out seats, carpet, etc and wash them. They actually looked better after lol. One thing though, take out your center console as well. I had some minor things rust i had to clean up, mainly the ebrake. It was a day of work/day of drying, sucks, but not the end of the world.

sd2000av6

Reaction score
damn that sucks man. sorry to hear that happened.

on a side note. with the ground being that declined towards the wall shouldnt there have been some kind of drainage system so it cant get that flooded like that?

hope they pay for all the damages.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Dre, you are having some type of "series of unfortunate events" happening with this car. I would suggest getting a wet/dry vac for starter's and then a steam cleaner for the carpets. You will probably want to remove the seats and check the whoel carpeted area as well as behind the rear bench. Did the water only reach as high as the foot well or did it reach up to the base of the centre console as well?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
You guys defiantly made me laugh with some of the comments humor is good, the sign just says permit cars only etc. To be honest guys the car is fine as you can see in the last set of pictures after some light cleaning. The car got soaked but the water entered only by the sides of the doors the water level was not that much but still enough water to piss me off. I'm upset with how this was handled I'm only going after them because they did not give 2 ****s about what happen and getting the car back on the road and for my hassles it has to be worth something. There is also no drainage or even working drainage if I'm correct.

The car had the seats removed along with the carpet and has been cleaned thoroughly, the car will get a nice detail job when I get it back. I had the meeting this afternoon they know they screwed up I'm waiting on their insurance company to contact me which takes time but I'm filing a report with the Department of Housing and Community Affairs which should speed things up hopefully. In the mean time I'll get what ever fixed and save a fat bill that they will have to pay the easy way or the hard way, some of the parts I demand to be replaced are alternator, water pump, starter, fog lights, wiring, ecu that along with cleaning fees etc is close to 3k I'm not even including parts like brakes, suspension, trans etc since it's not good at all for that type of stuff to be submerged in water it could cause damage down the road. I'm just happy to still have the ride I'm not going to kill my self over this I'm just upset on how things were managed by them and they will pay for it. I took pictures of some of the stupid not safe conditions of the garage you guys will see some examples when I post pics tomorrow lol it's crazy on how lazy and cheap they are. While I was taking pics tonight I noticed a hired contractor coming to the scene to start cleaning up the dirty work and fix the piping. It's a good thing I took these pictures at a good time, it will show how screwed up these condtions are and will prove my case vs what they can say I took detailed pics Nikon FTW.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back