THE Exhaust Review Thread

teesee

Reaction score
Brand & model: Magnaflow dual exit catback
Price paid and from where:$690 before discounts from AutoAnything.com
Pros: Looks great, very deep and noticable at low rpms, not annoying at high rpms
Cons: pretty expensive
Final verdict: It really is a great system, it was exactly what I was looking for. Great sound and not coffee can mufflers. haven't had any trouble with cops

vu 6thgen

Reaction score
Brand and model: Apexi World Sport 1
Price paid and from where: $170 from a friend.
Pros: Smaller than the WS2 exhaust, was not looking for a cannon. Deep, low sound and gets better at higher rpms. Feels like my car pulled harder but, that could just be me.
Cons: Not much except the fact that it was used.
Final verdict: I don't regret buying it, and it serves its purpose quite well.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Flowmasters 50 Series Delta
Price and Where: $85 from Amazon
Pros: Great muffler for someone who drives with people in the car, give a nice tone without being ricey, small power gain all around
Cons: so far none
Final Verdict: I would purchase this muffler again

Bax

Reaction score
Brand & model: Megan Racing universal muffler
Price paid and from where: Around $100 dollars, Can't remember exactly.
Pros: Good deep sound.
Cons: I have 2.5" pipes from the cat back, no resonators, so it is really loud. It sounded "cool" for the first few months, now I am really tired of the drone in the cabin.
Final verdict: Like I said, too loud, and gets old after a while. Thinking about replacing it with a Magnaflow muffler/resonator setup.

I stole pics from Sketch_o5 b/c this is exactly what I have, and I am just too lazy to take my own pics.:lawl:
Tip.jpg

silencer.jpg

muffler.jpg

piping.jpg
I don't have my silencer in, though, as seen in picture 2.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Dual OBX SP Mufflers $70 each (awesome quality mufflers!) Ebay
Magnaflow High Flow Cat $70 ebay
OBX Headers $260 - Racingpartsdirect.com
2.5" Piping $250 custom done at muffler shop
No resonators $free :p

Pros: It sounds really nice, no rasp, a quality deep tone and I am always getting complements on it. My friend who has a Greddy spectrum elite for his g35 is selling it and getting the same set up I have, he put his exhaust on 2 weeks ago. Best sound ever when I start up my car, it gives a great growl!

Cons: Very loud in the cabin, drones super loud going below 3k rpm. My dad hates it Lmfao.

Would I do this again? Yes, but I plan on getting a resonators because of the drone below 3k shakes the change in my car.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
Brand & model: Comptech Axlebacks
Price paid and from where: $300 from Acurazine
Pros: Nice deep low tone, awesome looking, great outlet 3" i believe, ideal IMO always wanted CTE or comptech exhaust<same difference
Cons: The fact that it's used is all and is no longer mint condition
Final verdict: Love it. Excellent performance muffler, highly recommend it...

Last edited:

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Brand & model: Apexi WS1 Catback
Price paid and from where: $185 from likeawp + $50 for welding on extension piping since it wasn't included.
Pros: It doesn't have the droning sound, its not to loud not to silent, its just perfect. I'm really happy with this purchase. The tip looks a lot better than the WS2 and the sound is cleaner than the WS2.
Cons: It had a nasty dent on the muffler, but it didn't affect the performance or sound. Wish the muffler wasn't so big, since I'm SLAMMED it can scrape on freeway jumps or steep driveways which I try not to go on anyway lol.
Final verdict: I highly recommend the WS1, this is my pride and joy and adds a lot of character to the car. They are extremely rare for the CG, so good luck finding one!

Accorddoo

Reaction score
Brand and model: Megan Racing 4-2-1 Stainless Steel Header
Price paid and from where: $162 Shipped from Ebay
Pros: Nice gains
Cons: Bad gaskets, cracks easily
Final verdict: Would not buy it again

Brand & model: Greddy Evo Catback Exhaust
Price paid and from where: $150 from a friend on a local forum
Pros: Nice deep tone sound, sounds excellent, bass tone, nice gains, nice looks, no cop problems :D
Cons: Some people say its loud, hangs low
Final verdict: Some people say its loud becase it has that deep tone, it sounds excellent, and since this is the original Greddy Evo, its hard to find now.

Hey Where can i find the Evo Cat-back for the Sedan model. i cant find it anywhere thanks

intel0116

Reaction score
Brand & model: Apex-i ws1

Price paid and from where: 140, bought it used from another member

Pros: deep tone at start up, crisp and quite sound while driving, noticeable gains, dosent scrape with 1-3 ppl in the car.

Cons: kinda big looking cuz it hangs low even on a stock set up, and with 4 or 5 ppl in the car it defnitly scrapes on freeway jumps, steep curbs/driveways, and speed bumps.

Final verdict: good muffler for the price,sound,and gains. and there hard to find for the 6thgen so thats a plus too.

Drew707

Reaction score
Brand and model: Magnaflow California Catalytic Converter
Price paid and from where: 380$ shipped from ebay
Pros: Direct bolt on no welding required.
Cons: fitment was a bit different than oem. still managed to get it to fit.
Final verdict: an Oem replacement cat that i can pass Smog with.

Back