Those with a BBK need your help

Accord2Show

Reaction score
I am interested in getting the Rotora BBk for my 2000 Honda Accord V6 Coup. I was just wording how everybody likes them? Also how easy is it to get new pads and can you use any pad or does it have to be Rotora pads only. Due you have to resurface the rotors when you change pads every time and how easy is it to resurface cross drilled and slotted rotors. Would you recommend any other BBK kit.

lashlee

Reaction score
I've got one of the simple AEM/Powerslot kits that uses the stock calipers so I can't answer if the pads are interchangeable but I will say that the rotors are not as good as the oem stuff and I did notice a drop in overall mileage. I know they weigh more than stock which should contribute to the change. If I had the money back, I would hold on to it. There isn't an advantage in braking and overall just a waste of money in my mind.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
my friend has a bbk with his civic, he says that it sucks in everyday driving stop and go but once you start driving and it starts to heat up, thats when it is really good. He has i think endless... im not sure...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am interested in getting the Rotora BBk for my 2000 Honda Accord V6 Coup. I was just wording how everybody likes them? Also how easy is it to get new pads and can you use any pad or does it have to be Rotora pads only. Due you have to resurface the rotors when you change pads every time and how easy is it to resurface cross drilled and slotted rotors. Would you recommend any other BBK kit.

Is this something you need, or something you want.

Do you track, autox or anything...or just want the bling factor?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
definately not worth it for the bling factor but if u have the money, definately go for the powerslot BBK that uses the stock caliper

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
If your going to go with the powerslot kit and spend $400-$500 on that might as well get the Wilwood BBK it's under $700 for our cars. I've had both and for the money best kit on the market. It has helped slow down the car with the 19's for me so it's worth it and of course it looks nice with a nice set of wheels it's up to you. If your going Rotora hit up Loren at Rotor he will take care of you. Also Rotora and Wilwood sales replacment rotors and pads if you need them.

Back