Tranny problem :( blinking d4

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000accord89

Reaction score
damm bro but ur tranny is ****ed up already...ma was is doin the same thing...sometimes it doesnt wanna go to 4th gear..just get another tranny or rebiuld it ...or do a auto convertion....thats wat ima do soon...but good luck wit it...

2000accord89

Reaction score
dealership ....nahhh bro they will take mad money out from u....just take it to any mechanic shop that has a conputer to scan it ... or ask in some auto part if they scan ur conputer ...sometimes they do it for u ...but im sure is ur tranny

the honda dealership will have a scan tool and check your codes for you. just tell them your D4 light is blinking and they'll know what to do. they'll tell you if your tranny is junk or not. cross your fingers, hopefully its just a shift solenoid or something simple on the outside of the tranny.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Make sure you trust where ever it is you are taking your car. Dont want them just saying its a transmission when it could be something smaller.

finch13

Reaction score
dealership ....nahhh bro they will take mad money out from u....just take it to any mechanic shop that has a conputer to scan it ... or ask in some auto part if they scan ur conputer ...sometimes they do it for u ...but im sure is ur tranny

The dealer is always your best bet for actually fixing engine/tranny problems. Always. Dealer diagnosis feee is like $100 and that includes canning for codes, test driving and actually figuring out what the exact problem is. You're not just paying for them to scan your codes when autozone can do it for free.

Make sure you trust where ever it is you are taking your car. Dont want them just saying its a transmission when it could be something smaller.

Take it to a TRANSMISSION shop, preferably not some chain like AAMCO or whatever those tranny places are called. Even if they do suggest a rebuild, most mechanics do not looks forward to rebuilding an automatic. It's 12.6 hours just to remove and rebuild the I4 auto, up to about 14.4 if they have to go a few steps furth in the rebuild.

jwong512

Reaction score
Your tranny is most likely done. I would just get a rebuild, swap, or if possible a 5-Speed Swap.

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
well i redid the tranny, i was gonna swap the h22 but my mom stole my keys and had it done :explode:

prolly gonna drop the h22 in an eg and watch it fly =]

the mechanic did a good job for 800, but i left my 80gb ipod in the car, and...not its gone :(

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
well i redid the tranny, i was gonna swap the h22 but my mom stole my keys and had it done :explode:

prolly gonna drop the h22 in an eg and watch it fly =]

the mechanic did a good job for 800, but i left my 80gb ipod in the car, and...not its gone :(

Yet another reason why you should only take your car to a shop you trust. I ****in HATE thieves.

2002accordex

Reaction score
Exactly. Why didn't you go back there? :thinking:. I agree w/ scarlet here, I FU***** hate thieves. A couple years ago, when I was about 12-13, had my CR125 stolen from a convenience store. Never recovered. I hate people sometimes.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Do a 5 speed swap, it's more cost effective and you won't have to worry about problems later on with the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back