Tranny went out again

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
hey people,

i havent been as active on the forum as i was in the past but,

just to let u people know

my tranny went out again today at 221k plus miles

after my oem tranny went out, i got a different one and put that in (dad's friend did the work) i knew i shouldnt have trusted him

that tranny that my dad's friend worked on went out at around 196k so after that i took it to aamco(Aug/2008) they rebuilt it and worked much better than my first rebuilt

so now after two rebuilds, im going in tomorrow for im guessing my third rebuild

the only thing keeping me from pulling my hair out is my 3 years/unlimited miles warranty

so yeah, including my oem tranny plus a different one with two rebuilds, makes me at tranny problem number four,

i know they say third time's a charm but heck my luck is with the FOUR leaf clover lol

any way best of luck with your tranny people

seriously...AUTOTRAGIC!

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
sorry to hear. why wont you just do a swap? :thumbup:

uncles fronts me money so he gets to decide plus it was a hand me down from him so yeah long story short, still considers it his

but i ask him all the time lol 5speed? 5speed? 5speed?

NASOHC

Reaction score
If you're in SoCal, I can refer you a good Honda Trans. rebuild shop if interested. He's in the 626 area. Know's his trannies!

MrLazie1

Reaction score
If you're in SoCal, I can refer you a good Honda Trans. rebuild shop if interested. He's in the 626 area. Know's his trannies!

where at?

and for the OP, aamco is not that good imo. they do like crappy jobs here in the IE and thats why there is none here. haha

Back