Turbo Build 10.8:1 compression! undergo. Updated 7/11/13 Pics

Michael_accord

Reaction score
Re: Turbo Build 10.8:1 compression! undergo. Updated Pics

Thats cool, yeah i have a proper T fitting but like i said i want to try this out not a big deal to switch if need be. I also have a turbonetics stage 1 .63 a/r turbo in my garage. The turbonetics needs rebuilding at this point has a little shaft play and i might just rebuild it and use it but lets see how this ebay turbo does since everyone is afraid to run one. Appreciate the chiming in :) not many people on the forum as i thought but that's okay.

Chorilored

Reaction score

Nice build man, love the intercooler xD. have you thought about deleting the balance shafts? also do those acl bearings have the same thickness? or did you buy specific thicknesses for each rod/main?

Michael_accord

Reaction score

Lol thanks, ha totally wont be using the coupe front at first lol. Also the acl bearings are those one size fits all deal. I purchased the standard size for the rods. The main is the hx which is thinner and give .001 more clearance better safe than sorry since im going pretty high with his build. Obviously i'll change out the necessary stuff to get high hp. Manifold/turbo/ injectors etc.this is to just get her going first build btw

Last edited:

Michael_accord

Reaction score

As for the balance shaft thought about it, will be keeping it.

Last edited:

Michael_accord

Reaction score

Well, the time has come finished up my brothers f23a1 to f23 swap and car is now running and out of the garage...what a piece of cake to swap. Anyway, heres what i am working with now tomorrow is thursday the day i want to drop the engine of to the shop. Will be out early morning stripping this bare and taking it to the shop after English finals yay! -_-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AFAccord

Reaction score

If you haven't already opened them, see if you can trade the ACL rod bearings for some HX ones. Your rods should have a little more clearance than the mains. The standard ACL's are roughly equal to OEM greens. My ACL HX's gave me .0018" on the rods (.001" more than what greens came out to). It's not the .002" that I was hoping for, but better than the .0008" that standards gave me.

Michael_accord

Reaction score

Blocks stripped and ready to be taken to machine shop later today after class.

Last edited:

Michael_accord

Reaction score

Blocks at the machine shop getting the necessary work done, hopefully they'll give me a call next week so i can start putting the block back together.

Michael_accord

Reaction score

May 9th 2013 before block got to the machine shop.

img20130509105629.jpg

Back