Turbo Build 10.8:1 compression! undergo. Updated 7/11/13 Pics

Michael_accord

Reaction score
Re: Turbo Build 10.8:1 compression! undergo. Updated 5/25/13

Hey, i would like to see some numbers too! Lol. Yeah the clutch still hasnt arrived just yet. It comes on monday which is when i will start the pulling of my cars engine. The pistons just google k20 9.8.1 pistons and go to race engineering website and click on f23 you will see their branded h beam rod. Its costed me about 1000 for rods/pistons.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

I was considering the RaceEng branded rods, as they were cheaper than Crowers, but I hadn't known anyone to run them, and decided not to be the guniea pig. Ended up getting a KILLER deal for Crower rods from another member on here a while ago. I can't wait to see your numbers either Michael, with those rods. They look great and RaceEng is a VERY reputable company.

Michael_accord

Reaction score

Yeah, i shall try these and show everyone what happens. Its time to switch things up a bit. Will post back when i pull the engine Monday and if all happens to go my way might get it dropped back in on monday also. (not connected) probably.

Michael_accord

Reaction score

Updated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm still in the cleaning process, but im done with the engine as of now. Just need to do my oil feed crap and put the intake back on. I did install new injectors and all that good ****.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: Turbo Build 10.8:1 compression! undergo. Updated 6/4/13

Man,I wish our cars where simple.A wire tuck and shaved bay would look amazing in our cars..but we have to much crap going on..damn obd2,power steering ect.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Anything can be tucked with effort and routed correctly.. Some line extensions/replacements may be necessary.

Michael_accord

Reaction score

Man,I wish our cars where simple.A wire tuck and shaved bay would look amazing in our cars..but we have to much crap going on..damn obd2,power steering ect.

I couldnt agree with you more....thats why im not tucking a thing. Maybe move stuff around a tad like my hid ballast but nothing major. If i really wanted to i would have to end up cutting harness and lengthening the wires they just wont reach anywhere. And yeah i have abs too so its way too much to sit here and tuck all the crap

AFAccord

Reaction score

I couldnt agree with you more....thats why im not tucking a thing. Maybe move stuff around a tad like my hid ballast but nothing major. If i really wanted to i would have to end up cutting harness and lengthening the wires they just wont reach anywhere. And yeah i have abs too so its way too much to sit here and tuck all the crap

+1 here. When I ran wires for my ECT sensor, boost controller, and a couple other things to the radiator area, I tucked them up underneath the radiator support and down behind the fender, but I'm not at all interested in cutting the factory harness for the sake of looks. I did re-loom about 80% of the engine harness once it was in place, but that was mostly for its protection since the old loom and tape was cracking and falling apart. And don't even think about shaving the bay. I love driving too much to keep the car stripped down for that long.

Michael_accord

Reaction score

Issue guys, car start and runs but its soo rough. The engine is jerking the entire car and is jerking within the bay. If you gas it and then let its off the idle goes as normal but sometimes it turns off.

Pretty frustrating here. 1) could be injectors. Another thing is the 3 wire to 2 wire iacv its all set and done but what in the world do i do with the one plugged into the tb that runs to the rear of the 3 wire iacv(vacuum) I connected the coolant lines. If i plug the vacuum one car turns of, if plugged and try to start it will not stay on.

Back