UPDATE!!! 3/17/12 x5carl3tmurd3rx's Turbo build

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Re: x5carl3tmurd3rx's Turbo build [updated 02-7-11]

Treadstone has them. They come with their oil line kits but I'm pretty sure you can buy them seperately.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

go to fast-turbo.com this guy knows his stuff hands down. I had him build me a custom length line with fittings and everything. He will help you, just give him a call. I believe that's where i got my T fitting also.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

just emailed him. thanks for coming through with an answer! its one of the few little things I need to finish my build.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

also can a stack two of those T fittings and run my oil pressure gauge to it as well?

turboaccord98

Reaction score

My plan is to use that T-fitting for my oil pressure sender for the oil psi gauge and just not use the stock oil pressure sensor at all. I've heard the stock oil pressure sensor doesn't turn the oil light on until it's too late anyways so it's not needed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

You are right. Adding an oil psi gauge is the solution, the stock sensor becomes useless. Oil PSI should read 10-15 at idle, 35-45 at cruising, and 80-90 at WOT conditions.

If you use a mechanical gauge, which is best, be sure to get a copper tubing kit instead of the nylon one it comes with. The best is to use straight copper line, or mate it to a long steel braided oil return line. It's a pain to install, but so worth it!

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

so I can just get rid of my stock oil pressure sensor and screw the oil pressure sending unit for my gauge in place of it? will this make the oil light come on all the time?

hotaccord243

Reaction score

also can a stack two of those T fittings and run my oil pressure gauge to it as well?

I wouldn't stack them together that is too much weight on the fittings and if that snaps off in the block you'll have oil everywhere and a PITA to fix.

I would remove the OEM oil pressure sender unit and tie your feed line off the straight portion and do a pressure gauge off to the side. Since you have a pressure gauge you won't need the oil light anymore.

Also with a mechanical oil pressure sensor I would teflon the Shi* outta it or use something for a good seal. Also buy the Autometer isolator for the sensor that way you won't have hot oil in the cabin. I have one if you want it. (I haven't had any leaks on mine without it *knock on wood* for the last several years). But it is a good guarantee the only leak would be outside the cabin and on the other side of the fire wall.

If your worried about it go with an electrical oil pressure sensor kit.

turboaccord98 said:
I've heard the stock oil pressure sensor doesn't turn the oil light on until it's too late anyways so it's not needed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct.

Russianred said:
You are right. Adding an oil psi gauge is the solution, the stock sensor becomes useless. Oil PSI should read 10-15 at idle, 35-45 at cruising, and 80-90 at WOT conditions.

If you use a mechanical gauge, which is best, be sure to get a copper tubing kit instead of the nylon one it comes with. The best is to use straight copper line, or mate it to a long steel braided oil return line. It's a pain to install, but so worth it!

This is correct Nikita as far as oil pressure readings. I think the best option is just to get a custom line from fast-turbo.com that is long enough to run the whole distance (if you don't use an isolator that is) cause then you only have 2 potential leak locations at most. It is kind of a pain to install but not too bad, the oil won't eat away at the SS braided line either so you won't have any worries with the line itself failing ever.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

so I can just get rid of my stock oil pressure sensor and screw the oil pressure sending unit for my gauge in place of it? will this make the oil light come on all the time?

Yes you can do this. The oil light does come on all the time due to this, but just take out the light bulb out of the dash or just ignore it (like i do) and pay attention to the oil pressure gauge cause that will be a better warning system than OEM by far.

Back