Very bad vibrations between 50-60 mph under load

f23accord2000

Reaction score
good luck with everything but your heading in the right direction checking balance instead of spending money just yet on parts ;);)

I'm taking my car to Discount Tire on saturday so they can do that "ride match" thing they do. I figure its worth a shot before I dump any money into replacing parts. I'm still doubtful that the REAR wheels could be the problem. But well I guess I'll find out on Saturday...

MikeyMike

Reaction score
automatic?... shaking under load, and normal on no load screams torque converter... blew 2 trannys w/ 2 torque converters

it it was rims/tires it would do it once you passed a certain speed, load or non load. you said all the ball joints/control arm bushings etc are good

PS: NOT SAYING THIS IS DEFFINITLY YOUR PROBLEM

Last edited:

INK DEMON

Reaction score
It's a manual tranny... Yeah ball joints, tie rod ends, and all that are in good shape. Well to update the info I had provided... I went into discount tire, and well they balanced the tires and since I just did the alignment like a week and a half ago... I ruled out the rims and tires as the problem... So now I'm really stumped...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
It's a manual tranny... Yeah ball joints, tie rod ends, and all that are in good shape. Well to update the info I had provided... I went into discount tire, and well they balanced the tires and since I just did the alignment like a week and a half ago... I ruled out the rims and tires as the problem... So now I'm really stumped...

You need to have someone put a load on the engine while you look at the engine to see if it shifts a lot.

INK DEMON

Reaction score
Sorry to question the advice, but I'm just kinda curious... If it was the motor mount wouldn't I get vibrations within a certain RPM range? Or even if I were to rev up the car while it's stationary? I did have a question, and it might be a stupid question, but when I've gotten under the car I did notice that the right axle seems to have a rubber donut around it (I'm ASSUMING it's some sort of weight)... Well I was just wondering if a few of you could check your rides and tell me if BOTH axles are supposed to have those things on them... Because my ride only has that thing on the RIGHT axle...

slowrider87

Reaction score
just went and lifted the front end... i'm not 100% sure what you mean by rubber donut things... but neither of my axles have anything that match that description... unless you're refering to the cv boots... but you don't seem like someone who would not know that only having one boot is bad. so if you have a pic of this "donut" thing, thatd be good.

INK DEMON

Reaction score
yeah it's definetly not cv boots or anything... it's around the middle of the axle shaft. I well take a picture of it, hopefully today... I will post it up asap. I go to community college, and I am taking a class on brakes, to make a long story short... My teacher has extensive knowledge about various automotive areas... And he's just as stumped as I am... Well we lifted the car and he pointed that particular "donut" out on my right axle and told me to find an identical model and check... So I decided to ask on here... But like I said, I'll get the picture up asap.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
any updates on this? Have you checked your clutch? is your clutch slipping?

INK DEMON

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys. I haven't had time to take the picture of the axle... The clutch? Really? The clutch can cause vibrations within a certain MPH range?

Back