Very bad vibrations between 50-60 mph under load

Fuzz

Reaction score
he also said it doesn't occur all the time, which would eliminate your idea.

No sir. Loose wheels shake under load. Not while driving normally... Trust me, I had someone try and steal my winter wheels off my car and I have finger - tight wheel lugs.

INK DEMON

Reaction score
Ok. So here's the update on the situation.
-Yes the lug nuts are on tight and secure
-Ball joints and tie rod ends are in good shape
-Just did an alignment and the problem persist
So I don't really know where to go from here. I took the car into a reliable shop and was basically told that the problem is most likely the axles. But that they can't guarantee for it to solve the problem because the current axles appear to be just fine. There are no cracked or damaged boots and no free play at the joints. So I guess they came to that conclussion through process of elimination and now I have to wait to get the funds for the axles. Thanks for all the input guys and I'll post the results once I replace the axles.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Could be a transmission issue if everything else checks out okay. Also look at your motor mounts, if you have a bad motor mount...when you give her **** or gas....the engine will rest on the frame or somewhere else causing vibrations to move through the whole car. Check your motor mounts bud.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
check your tension rods, i think that's what they're called ... my car used to shake under load/low rpm ... i thought bad motor mounts were the problem but it turned out that 1 of the 2 bolts holding together was missing and the other 1 was loose ... i hope this helps

Numbers 6 & 8 on the diagram are the rods ... the bolt's i'm talking about are numbers 25 ... there are two bolt's per rod

13s8401_b2710.png

[rods connect to lower arms]
Picture001.jpg

[two bolts per rod]
Picture003.jpg

Last edited:

INK DEMON

Reaction score
Thanks guys. No new developements but I just wanted to note that the mounts are good. And the rods are secured as well, both bolts on each side are in place and tight... Still scratching my head... There is one thing I forgot to note, that when I swapped wheels with my homie, I only put on the front ones and left my back wheels on there. I just assumed that the rear wheels wouldn't cause the car to shake under load, but I'm second guessing that thought now...

INK DEMON

Reaction score
No sir. Loose wheels shake under load. Not while driving normally... Trust me, I had someone try and steal my winter wheels off my car and I have finger - tight wheel lugs.

Well all the lugnuts are on tight as I had mentioned. But the car only shakes under load. If I release the gas pedal it stops. It ONLY does it under load and only within that MPH range.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
sounds to me your rims need to be re balanced and also check for flat spot on tired and tire pressure, but your tires are out of balance sound about right under load around 50 or 60mph i had the same problem

INK DEMON

Reaction score
I'm taking my car to Discount Tire on saturday so they can do that "ride match" thing they do. I figure its worth a shot before I dump any money into replacing parts. I'm still doubtful that the REAR wheels could be the problem. But well I guess I'll find out on Saturday...

Last edited:
Back