Very Specific Manual Swap Question

RPG97

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm sorry to post yet another 5 speed swap question but I've been looking for hours and can't find a specific answer to my situation.

I have two Accords, a 1998 LX 4AT and a 1998 EX 5MT (both F23A1 engine). I want to manual swap the LX. The plan is to swap the ECU and associated wiring harnesses, gauge cluster etc from the manual car, to avoid having to do custom wiring to make everything fully functional. Of course being an EX, it has some features that my LX does not (ABS, rear discs, a sunroof, etc). Do you guys know if I'll have an issue doing it this way? I've seen the swap guides and I want to avoid having to cut and splice up harnesses if I can. Not having any warning lights/DTCs is also preferred. Also looking for info on the ECU/key/immobilizer situation: if I transfer the ECU, ignition cylinder and paired key, will it just be "plug and play"? I am planning on having new keys made that match the chassis and swapped ECU, but that's down the road.

So long as I don't have to rip the entire car apart to do it the "OEM look" way, that's preferred vs cutting and splicing up the auto harness. Thanks to anyone in advance for their insights on which way I should go about this.

Edit: after hours of research I think I've decided I'm just gonna splice up the auto harness. Looks a lot easier. Mods feel free to delete this thread lol

Last edited:
Back