Vtec Crossover

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i can attest to the fact that our cars would not go past 4k without vtec. i have to shift at 4k to even have power. otherwise im just wasting gas and havng NO POWER

i think i once went to 5k........will never do tht again

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
i can attest to the fact that our cars would not go past 4k without vtec. i have to shift at 4k to even have power. otherwise im just wasting gas and havng NO POWER

i think i once went to 5k........will never do tht again

That's partially my point.

He says VTEC can engage as early as 2300 RPM's
But if VTEC does not engage because of a malfunction, we cannot rev past 4K RPM's

Also this vid shows how VTEC works which is different from the pic he posted.
The pic he posted is a correct camshaft with a VTEC lobe

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
considering i have a vtec malfunction, since i have no vss, i can rev/drive the car past 4k, it just doesnt run normal.

if you are reffering to limp mode, then forget this post

AFAccord

Reaction score
That's partially my point.

He says VTEC can engage as early as 2300 RPM's
But if VTEC does not engage because of a malfunction, we cannot rev past 4K RPM's

Is that a question? The standard cam profile can only make enough power to push the car up to around 4,000rpm. Soon after the ECU will throw it into safe mode and set a rev limit at 4k, because there's no point to reving a motor so far beyond the point that it makes power. That's like reving our motors past 9,000rpm (if it were possible, without breaking things). It just doesn't make power that high, so there's no point!

Also this vid shows how VTEC works which is different from the pic he posted.
The pic he posted is a correct camshaft with a VTEC lobe[/QUOTE]

There's NO difference between the photo I posted and that video. The rockers use the two outer lobes until the pin locks the rockers together, at which point they roll on the VTEC lobe...

I can't find my vtec either. :(

jk

Maybe you should swap your VTEC to the stang and see how much powa joo get!

Wow lol that was funny 34 posts already. Anyway i found a vid were a kid has the same car as me with an intake and universal muffler and he floors it onto the freeway and I know what vtec sounds like but i honestly can hear it at all. Here is the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4qDTWNQRZg

That's a ****ty video if I ever saw one. The only thing worse than the video is your use of grammar and punctuation. Your avatar says it all.

xluben

Reaction score
there was a dude that made a video showing his vtec indicating led, and his rpms, and you can see it engage real early, like 2300ish.
I remember that
But didn't he have a VTEC controller?
No controller.

Here's the vids:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=78811&postcount=46

If you scroll up from that you can see how I put it in.

As you can see it normally comes on fairly low and it is completely undectable even with my SRI.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Last edited:

atarikid07

Reaction score
So, you said an engine like the F23 or the J30(?) produces power up until like 4k rpm, right? So how did earlier, non-Vtec engines keep producing power in the upper rpm bands? I think you said it was something to do with the way the crankshafts were designed. What made them so special?

Back