want to lower sedan on even lower budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmeister

Reaction score
425 is kinda up there, I'd rather spend less since I just blew $394 on a magnaflow system and I need to get my windows tinted.

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
i got a set of used tokico illuminas with GC sleeves.

$350

gave me a really good drop.
pics are at my For sale thread
pm me with you're interested

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
425 is kinda up there, I'd rather spend less since I just blew $394 on a magnaflow system and I need to get my windows tinted.

Not for suspension. And you should be spending more on suspension than exhaust. If you don't have the money, definitely save up until you do, you'll be glad you did.

kashmeister

Reaction score
I did it for a few reasons... it was the cheapest option not including ebay ricer muffler. also, when you have a 4speed auto, a loud-*** straight pipe starts to piss you off when its stuck at 2k rpm cruising in the highway. and emissions is coming up, and in some places they give you **** for no muffler...

I ended up getting the tein springs and kyb gr2, mainly because I:
-dont want to invest in a salvage title accord
-dont want to spend money
-can warranty replace the shocks and sell them and put money towards some better ones if necessary; or just keep replacing when they blow
-the guy who was selling can assemble them and ship fast

kashmeister

Reaction score
also, semi related question...
my dad drives a 2004 honda odyssey lol... and he need shocks...
will my old ones work on his car?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Dude all I hear you keep saying is "I want to go as cheap as possible", "I don't want to spend that much", "$425 is too much money for a complete suspension setup." If you can't afford this hobby, maybe you should find something else because very soon, your going to find out that you wasted you money on crap when you could have done it right the first time. Now look at you, you've got you car BACK up on stands for the second time in the past six months, swapping out your blown shocks because you were too cheap to do it right......

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but cars are not a cheap hobby. You need to prioritize what you want to do, and be prepared to pay good money for quality parts. Otherwise your car is going to run like ****, handle like ****, and look like ****. You know what I do when I don't have the money for that part that I REALLY want for my car? I save my money. I don't cheap out and get the next best thing. I don't have a lot of **** done to my car, but EVERY part on it is of the highest quality I assure you..

Again not trying to be a dick, just trying to talk a little sense into you. If I were you I would do like a previous poster said.....It's almost winter, save you money, and buy a GOOD suspension setup in the spring. I'm about to put my stock suspension back on for winter, and here you are talking about lowering....AND YOU'RE IN MICHIGAN! Like I said....wait it out...get low in the spring.

EDIT: BTW....Warranty is void on the GR2's if you use lowering spring with them.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
and i present...

0302091312.jpg

:lawl:

kashmeister

Reaction score
Dude, my honda sucks. It's been in 2 severe accidents, front and rear. It's not worth more than maybe $2k and I will only be using it for 1 year or until it completely falls apart. It's honestly not that I don't have the money, i've saved up like $10k since I was 14 towards a car, but I don't want to spend any of it on this car. Therefore, my initial goal was to make it a little nicer for the time that I will be driving it. Even if I do buy "high quality" stuff, its not going to make my car value any higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back