Water leak in boot.

LeAccord

Reaction score
Waters somehow getting into my boot recently.. It will make its way through, and pool up underneath the spare tire when theres' heavy rain or when i'm washing the car with a high pressure hose and sometimes a lower pressure hose..

It seems to be coming from the left hand side of the boot, i have a feeling its from around the tail light. Has anyone had this problem? :/ its a PIA having to dry the area out after rain or washing the car. :eusa_wall:

Hopefully i didn't post this in the wrong section.. please move if it is.

Last edited:

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Wow.

It's probably your left tail light seal. Just throwing that out there.

LeAccord

Reaction score
Yeah didn't know if you guys use boot or trunk so..
I was just told that the rear tail light was replaced, but didn't have the original bolts on it to reinstall correctly so it was 'siliconed' on...:ugh: :wtf1:

That said, i don't think i can remove the tail light now seeing as it's pretty much permanently stuck.. Here's a picture (looks the same on both sides)
25ji537.jpg

I think water is seeping into that gap there and somehow getting inside the car.. But the other tail light also has this gap but no water getting through, into the car.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
I had a problem with my left tail light filling up with so much water when it rained that fish could survive in there. :ugh: . Ever time I would open the lid water would drain from the light bulb socket.

LeAccord

Reaction score
moonroof?? Check the water drain hose.
Umm could you please elaborate what you mean..?

I had a problem with my left tail light filling up with so much water when it rained that fish could survive in there. :ugh: . Ever time I would open the lid water would drain from the light bulb socket.

Was that caused by a leaking rubber seal? Water will also pool up beneath the rear window, where the rubber seal of the trunk lid closes into.. Isn't that meant to drain somewhere rather than just pool up?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Yea it was a seal problem. The water isn't supposed to pool there, it should run off the back under the lid to the bumper, past the tail light.

Theres a tube the runs from the lip of your moon roof down to the ground to drain off any pooling water that leaks from the seal around the glass. The hose runs along the frame of your car and drains down by the front tires. Your issue, being in the trunk, is a rubber seal problem most likely from the rubber seal around the trunk and or your left tail light.

Last edited:
Back