What's faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicebox00

Reaction score
Great question Greg. I propose the I4 is faster in all of those, other than a straight line. One of the reasons I picked the 4cyl. (apart from the main reason of hating auto trannies) is wanting less weight on the front wheels.

uphill v6 destroys, well as long as it's a canyon. Almost always in vtec. played with a few 14's in the canyon and i'm out of my car at the lookout by the time they get to the last turn

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
man...I wish I had canyons around here.

all I got is crappy buildings and miserable goverment workers in overpriced cars to look at....:sad:

"omg..well mine has a V6 badge and dual exhaust!"

*pops hood*

"H22 single turbo...sup?"

^my dream scenario

turbocayenne

Reaction score
uphill v6 destroys, well as long as it's a canyon. Almost always in vtec. played with a few 14's in the canyon and i'm out of my car at the lookout by the time they get to the last turn

any 5 speed 4 banger with nice suspension will destroy you man at the canyon

juicebox00

Reaction score
any 5 speed 4 banger with nice suspension will destroy you man at the canyon

not so far...lol. on the downhill, i hav no doubt that a good driver w/ an i4 5spd with practice could beat me. all i can do is floor it and brake and by the time i'm at the bottom i can't go as fast cause my brakes are hot...wish i could just down shift normally. uphill with the way it's set up with straights and what not i can hold my own ground.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
v6 is barely quicker..

Sounds like someone is hating on teh v6 :goyou:

and I see alot more
I believe the v6s are better overall because thats why they cost more not only that compare the 7th gens and the 8th gens 4cy 6cy theres really no comparison I dont see any of you 4cyls want a 4cyl 8th gen

Last edited:

madmech_79

Reaction score
I believe the question should be- Whats slower the v-6 or the I4?
Fast and accord shouldn't be used in the same sentence...lol My 99 s-10 ext cab 4x4 pickup will smoke my v6 accord easy.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
why are we even talking about this. This has been covered in motor sports magazine, youtube, probably v6p, 6thgenaccord and numerous others. We all know the v6 is slightly faster than a stock 5 speed i4. Seeing how the v6 has about 50 more hp and torque, the v6 should be a lot faster. But the reason its so slow is because its a 4 speed automatic and the gears are very long.

I don't mean to offend any v6's, but since this is here I will. You arent sacrificing much in performance when choosing the 5 speed I4 over the v6. It doesnt take much mods for an i4 5 speed to take on a v6. If you dont believe the numerous road and tests done between these cars, then your in denial.

Final verdict; V6 6 speed rapes everyone. Until then, I don't see anything to argue about.:dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back