Wheel Fitment Thread

SykVSyx

Reaction score
hey guys, need some input..

i have been reading this thread for a minute, but havent found totally all the info i need. and yes i know, i barely have posted on this forum in a minute, idk if you guys are gona flame me for that so i figured i say it off the start.

Anyhow, this is my situation..i have a 99 sedan on omnipower coilovers tht is currently on 19*8 Axis TC Evo wheels(old discounted wheels) that are 30+ offset. I want to stance out my car though now.

I have had a fes sets of xxr wheels for my other car(g35) and like them. So i figured on the 962. At first i thought 17's, but everyone says, and from wht i have read, you have to slam the hell out of the sedan to make the 17*9 look good. I really dont want to do that because i have a carbon fiber splitter on the front of my car.

i felt the 9 inch wide wasnt gona be wide enought for the look i want to get. i say that because my car has fender flares molded in. SO i figured the 18*9.5 with the 35+ would be the best. Being that i dont have to slam the car all the way down, and i can still run a 225/40 tire for mild decent stretch.

Now, i know i can get the back to work from reading this thread, with just natural camber and the amount of drop i do...but im concerned regarding my front..will they work. I dont have a front camber kit, just coilovers, but again i dont want to totally slam the car due to the splitter haveing to make it in and out my garage.

Plus i cant be totally slammed because i cant have the tires slamming into my fender flares...cuz they will crack to hell!!

I want it have a good look, but stil keep the car fun to drive with the turbonetics kit on it...sorry for the book...but any insight from you guys would be greatly apprecitated...thanks

Hopefully that wil make it easier for people to tell you, that you can run a 225/40/18 +35 wheel and roll your fenders.

You may or may not need a camber kit depending on how low you have your car.

How about we start with some pics of the car and the current ride height?

leoverte

Reaction score
Can you separate that into a couple easier to read paragraphs?

lol...dammit....ok,,,break down,,,

1999 sedan on omnipower coilovers

currently running 19*8 30+ offset

would like to go 18*9.5 35+ offset xxr 962s

Can these work in the front and rear without fender mods if im not going to slamm the car due to front carbon splittler..want best drop i can get, but still keep my car functional for the turbo and driven purposes...

or would a 19*7 30+ up front and a 18*9.5 35+ offset be the better choice if im concerned regarding rubbing..

Key factor is that i cant do much fender mods since i already have molded fender flares...just trying to stance the car out as much as possible to look better with the flares..

hope this is better...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^Should have just posted your original question that way. :lawl:

19 F/18 R???

Alrighty+Then.jpg

If you are concerned about fender mods(not doing them), then why go with 19's?

Stick with 18's, and the offset will be fine.

As mentioned, if you are not slammed, rubbing will not be a concern.

Get some pics up, it will be helpful to determine what you want when we see what you're currently working with.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
lol...dammit....ok,,,break down,,,

1999 sedan on omnipower coilovers

currently running 19*8 30+ offset

would like to go 18*9.5 35+ offset xxr 962s

Can these work in the front and rear without fender mods if im not going to slamm the car due to front carbon splittler..want best drop i can get, but still keep my car functional for the turbo and driven purposes...

or would a 19*7 30+ up front and a 18*9.5 35+ offset be the better choice if im concerned regarding rubbing..

Key factor is that i cant do much fender mods since i already have molded fender flares...just trying to stance the car out as much as possible to look better with the flares..

hope this is better...

not_sure_if_srs.jpg

You want 19" up front and 18" in the back ? And you wanna have a 9.5" wide +35 and not slam the car .. You'll need fender work if you're any lower than 2" - 2.5" imo.

leoverte

Reaction score
wow,,,,wow....my bad,,,no,,,,i have 19's..already on all four corners....want to go smaller to a 18*9.5....seeing if that will work with minimal fender work. i cant slamm the hell out of the car due to other stuff...can ride kinda low, just not dumped or tucking hard.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Don't go with a crazy width and offset if you're not able to do it right .. just stick with 7-8" wheels

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Since he has molded fenders, he can get away with a bit of a wider tire, 9" would probably be good with that offset.

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
leoverte, pictures can make it easier for other members to give you an accurate assessment of your situation.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah need photos. I wouldn't go wider than 8 or 8.5 in your case.

If you have fender flares though, you definitely want to fill those out, or it will look terrible.

Back