Wheel Fitment Thread

Solidus

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm really considering running 17x9 +22 rims all around. What would I need to do in order to make these work? Ride height, best stretch tire size, etc

I don't want to pull my fenders or have my car slammed as it's a daily driver. I don't want any rubbing either. I'm looking to have a flush/hella flush look.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Hella flush and slammed go hand in hand, you can’t really have one without the other. Well you can, but it won’t look very good. You don’t stretch tires for looks, you only stretch them when you need to so as to fit the wheel you want. If you want to stretch for looks, then you have to lower the car so that the tires looks at home on the car. You’ll need to go lower than 24.5” with a 9” width and +22et to not poke. Maybe 23 - 23.5” would work, others who are lower than me can speak to that. But if you go that low and you don’t want to rub, you are going to need to pull your fenders. If you want that fitment, you gotta put in that work.

If you don’t want to go that low and pull fenders, go with a higher offset. Doing so will allow you to daily an easier ride height and not require as much fender work, and you still get a flush look. Or, swap to 5lug.

Here is what I’m running for reference. I’m at 24.5” or so ground to fender and pretty much perfectly flush. Fenders are rolled and slightly pulled. Wheel specs are 18x8 +38 F / 18x8.5 +31 R. Subframe is about 3” from the ground.

Rear

temporary_zps3558d7b1.jpg

Front

temporary_zpsf997a97f.jpg

Last edited:

Solidus

Reaction score
^RR this gives me a better idea of what to expect. Unfortunately there is not many 4 lug options and 5 lug is out of my budget. Im going to keep looking and see what will work best. Thanks

truWarier02

Reaction score
^Hella flush and slammed go hand in hand, you can’t really have one without the other. Well you can, but it won’t look very good. You don’t stretch tires for looks, you only stretch them when you need to so as to fit the wheel you want. If you want to stretch for looks, then you have to lower the car so that the tires looks at home on the car. You’ll need to go lower than 24.5” with a 9” width and +22et to not poke. Maybe 23 - 23.5” would work, others who are lower than me can speak to that. But if you go that low and you don’t want to rub, you are going to need to pull your fenders. If you want that fitment, you gotta put in that work.

Pretty much on point. I'm at 23" f-to-g all around, running 18x9 +30, tucking about 3/4 of the tire and the fitment is slightly sunk. I would be at about -4.5 for the rear with natural camber but I have a rear camber kit dialed back to -3*. If I were to run natural camber, I'm sure I could fit about 10mm more aggressive.

Gmoney

Reaction score
I have a set if 18x9.5 +12 originally I wanted to get 215/40 but I saw a guy with 215/35 it just happens to be that 215/35 are cheaper as well..which one should I get

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Depends how low you're going to be. If you're going to be almost tucking wheel, or tucking wheel, I would say a 215/35. If not, a 215/40. A 215/35 will also probably be a little harder to mount.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
bought my wheels last year and now they don't fit =(
18x8.5 +35-38 offset (forgot offset)

gotta sell them now and get another set...grrrr...

IMG-20140512-WA0013_zps7f63646f.jpg

IMG-20140512-WA0015_zpsd8f69df5.jpg

IMG-20140512-WA0011_zpse8f89c5d.jpg

IMG-20140512-WA0012_zps112f7637.jpg

IMG-20140512-WA0016_zps0f4be5eb.jpg

There's no way of making this work right?
I don't want stupid poke look, I want clean look lol

I think the guy who put through the order for my rims messed up on my numbers...-_-"

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Is your camber zeroed out? And also what tire size are you running? If you're running natural camber, once the car is on the floor it will camber in a little. You could also put the wheel on and then jack up the suspension and see how it would look on the ground.

You could also just pull the fenders a little.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Is your camber zeroed out? And also what tire size are you running? If you're running natural camber, once the car is on the floor it will camber in a little. You could also put the wheel on and then jack up the suspension and see how it would look on the ground.

You could also just pull the fenders a little.

I don't have tires on it yet, we tested the rims first before trying tires =( I believe it's on natural camber, came out of storage after half a year, can't remember the exact numbers.

=(

Back