Where are the Rim Experts?!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Make up for the weight of your rims by using some super light lugnuts

Volk are about 8-10 lbs.

Bisimoto are about 9-11 lbs.

Enkei are about 13-16 lbs.

On the other hand, NRG 400 series lug nuts are extremely light. I love mine.

^I was kidding haha. But every little bit can help I suppose.
I never thought of this, but I agree with this idea. I only thought lugs are mainly for the appearance, but this is good to know.

In addition, some Kosei & Motegi wheels are about 15lbs, like Enkei's. They are generally about $50 cheeper than Enkei's, too.

LeAccord

Reaction score
Geez saving weight from lug nuts .. :lawl: I would think selecting a certain tyre would yield better weight saving results than getting lightweight lug nuts hahaha.

OP, search around for some used wheels of the aforementioned wheels .. It may not cost you as much as you think..

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ I know, it sounds crazy right? (This is b/c I remembered myself lifting a box of my 20 lug nuts, and it was pretty heavy.) Anyways, back to the original topic.

Tylers

Reaction score
Volk are about 8-10 lbs.

Bisimoto are about 9-11 lbs.

Enkei are about 13-16 lbs.

On the other hand, NRG 400 series lug nuts are extremely light. I love mine.

Damn I didn't know volks were that light!
OP: My rpf1s feel super light when you pick them up compared to steelies or stock wheels but for street use you could get away with some nice OEM wheels, any TL wheels look good and are pretty wallet friendly. I would look around on your local craigslist for some clean rims with fresh tread, also if you buy aftermarket rims you're probably going to need tuner lugs also.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
ha every pound makes a difference; and why not get some cool lugs anyways.

LeAccord makes a good point, tires can make a difference as well. However I'm not to educated in tire weights lol. I'm sure there are some out there though.

Rep?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Get some weld, centerline, bogart wheels if your serious about weight. They also look sexy as hell. Lighter wheels make one hell of a difference, especially when your going fast. Rotational mass, look it up.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You are racing an Accord, so unless there has been an engine build as well, lighter rims aren't going to make a huge difference.

You may want to go with something affordable.

Back