WHich ELECTRIC IMPACT WRENCH good for working on car?

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong!! I still use air tools, but I would say the tool I use most is my elec impact...

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Air sounds like it would be best for reliability, though electric for convenience. I don't have much experience with the electric personally.

98accordlx

Reaction score
when i researched them a few years ago it all came down to wehter you live in a house or an apt. if you live in a house you can easily have air tools and not have to worry about people complaining as much as they might in an apt complex. the electrics are way quieter so there perfect for apt dwellers like me you just gotta make sure that when you get one its in ft. lbs. unlike my buddy that has a celica he was pretty mad when he couldn't even take off his lug nuts cuz the one he got was rated in inch lbs. which only worked out to about 50 ft. lbs. and i think he said the torque specs for his lugs were like 65-70 ft.lbs

kn106518

Reaction score
BTW, is 1/2" socket too big for those nut on the suspension? ya know, cause usually i use the hand wrench and they are quite small, like i think 3/8". So is 1/2" will do? or no?

kn106518

Reaction score
ya i bought an impact wrench at Harbor Freight, and it $40. the dam wrench say it 240lb/ft torque. but it can't even take out my lug nut.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I tried a Ryobi rechagable 18V impact and it would not work on my '99 Accord lugs???

There's your problem

ya i bought an impact wrench at Harbor Freight, and it $40. the dam wrench say it 240lb/ft torque. but it can't even take out my lug nut.

There's you problem

Makita, DeWalt & Craftsman FTW...........................

Back