Which turbo kit?

angelplus

Reaction score
Spyder said:
I've always hated that wing, but then again I hate the car bare a$$ed too.

Yeah, then again I'd have to disagree with you. I think that its the nicest wing for the supra, and probably the only one that belongs on it. So I'd have to say you have bad taste in wings :cool:

retroshark

Reaction score
DO NOT PIECE A KIT YOURSELF!!!!

please, PLEASE buy a kit. its not worth the trouble, but also, what do you want to do as far as engine management... if you pan on doing an obd1 conversion, prepare to buy a whole intake manifold from an f22... its the best way to make it work. there are a lot of issues with the obd1 conversion as well, so watch out....

angelplus

Reaction score
retroshark said:

please, PLEASE buy a kit. its not worth the trouble, but also, what do you want to do as far as engine management... if you pan on doing an obd1 conversion, prepare to buy a whole intake manifold from an f22... its the best way to make it work. there are a lot of issues with the obd1 conversion as well, so watch out....

Aight, sounds good.

Spyder

Reaction score
angelplus said:
Yeah, then again I'd have to disagree with you. I think that its the nicest wing for the supra, and probably the only one that belongs on it. So I'd have to say you have bad taste in wings :cool:
The wing fits the car the best out of all the wings I've seen on it. I just don't like the style. I had a wing similar to that one on my 2nd 300zx and it took up a lot of my vision. It's still a bad *** car though and no other wing looks right on it.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
retroshark said:

Dude anyone who has a serious turbo accord will tell you DO NOT BUY A KIT..it's not worth the money..you can put together a FAR better kit for much cheaper..

retroshark

Reaction score
i guess you missed my thread noob...

i have a turbo 4cyl that i pieced together with all custom parts. it was not worth it and its not cheaper. you pay for it in repairs and cusom work.

retroshark

Reaction score
... and my sig...

heres a reminder:

DSCF4134%20copy.jpg

shavedaccord

Reaction score
noob??? dude..you either sourced your **** wrong or got some bum parts...pieceing together your own kit is the only way to go..you have to be a fool to drop $3,000-$4,000 on a kit that you can source for MUCH cheaper yourself..and repairs?? lol you're boosting on stock internals..repairs are expected even with kits..they tack on 2 grand just because the put the word "kit" on it..

retroshark

Reaction score
lol ok man, i think rpretty much anyone on this site will back me up on this... i know my ****, and no matter what parts you buy, youll have issues. for instance, did you know that not many manifld manufacturers resurface their flanges after welding... and that 9/10 of them warp in the weldin process... cast manifolds dont do that.. they come out perfect every time.

did you know that buying a turbo, used or rebuilt is bad. mine went out on me, it was a poor rebuild.

did you know that intercooler piping for an accord is nearly impossible to find in a kit form, only can you get premade stuff in a kit... its very hard to find a way around that front engine mount.

did you know that the accord intake manifold is not compatible with any iacv adapters, so you either have to make one or get the manifold swapped for the f22 one...

with a kit, you dont need to worry. yes it may be more than a budget setup, but why risk it. you have to be a fool to do what i did and then you pay for it.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
good lord..first off..I didn't say you don't know your ****..obviously you know something you have a turbo setup..my arguement there is no reason to drop that much money on a kit when you can put together the same kit yourself or even better for cheaper..

second off..did I say source used parts? No i didn't..and yes I know about used and rebuilt turbo..a friend has a skyline r33 rebuilt turbo on his 7th gen and it's nothing but problems.

third. I know they don't make kits..I know it needs to be custom made..but any good custom exhust shop can bend you up some intercooler/turbo piping.

fourth. there are so many companies/shop out there will fab up a custom manifold it's not even funny.

fifth. with a kit you don't need to worry? lol..with any turbo setup you have to worry kit or not. I still stick to what I said..for an accord turbo setup you have to be a fool to buy a kit.

Back