White6GAV6's Coupe (Updated: 04/30/2015) (56k nono)

snydas1987

Reaction score
Iv been trying to find out what size rims you have run on this car? the CCW chrome ones? Im just in the process of building my 99 4door accord stance / VIP style car. Im planning on running 7-10 degrees of camber front and rear with either 18" x 9.5" or 10" rims depending on what i can fit.
So if you could let me know the width of your last set of chrome rims that would help heaps? I asked awhile a go and didn get an answer so really hoping for one now.
cheers mate
SnyDs

White6GAV6

Reaction score
18x11 -6 up front with -7.9 camber. And rear was 18x11 -14 with not really sure what camber honestly.

Varnell

Reaction score
That's insane for our chassis. lol Did you ever switch from double wishbone to macpherson suspension like you mentioned? And did you ever get those motor mounts to work?

I'm hoping to get 18x10.5 +20 wheels in the rear with no more than -6 camber.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
That's insane for our chassis. lol Did you ever switch from double wishbone to macpherson suspension like you mentioned? And did you ever get those motor mounts to work?

I'm 18x9.5 +25 with -4.5 degrees of camber in the rear. Just a reference point for you

White6GAV6

Reaction score

Nah still double wishbone. Would be way too much work to change. Yeah I got the mounts working, besides the side. It still doesn't fit and their customer service has sucked for me.

You shouldn't have a problem with the poke on those specs. Just have to make sure the inner barrel clears the coilover. I doubt you'll need -6 camber though. Depends how much you pull the fenders.

Varnell

Reaction score
:shakehead:
I'm 18x9.5 +25 with -4.5 degrees of camber in the rear. Just a reference point for you

Are those the specs in the top pic of your ride thread? I'm at -4.5 now with 8.75 +20 and have a considerable gap. I think tire size will be the most important. I'm not a fan of extreme stretch since I'd like to retain somr performance aspects. At least a 235/40.

Adam, that sucks. I never had to call their customer service. I'll try yo get a pic of the side mount and send it to you for comparison. I figured the custom suspension would be expensive, but just assumed you were a big baller by looking at your 6ga. lol

I'd really be interested in some rocket bunny like rear fender flares if I could make it look clean. I don't like the tabs they normally leave visible.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
18x10.5 +20 will have 7/8" more poke than your 8.75 +20.

I think my side mount has a metal sleeve that's a little too long. So I could just shave it down but the silicon is messed up also. Just going to get it replaced by warranty.

Looks can be deceiving haha. But it would have been way too much work and headaches to do it. I think I have a solution to get more front camber with out double wishbone setup. So we will see how it plays out.

snydas1987

Reaction score
so why did you decide to run less camber up front with your new wheels? I thought it looked sweet as with the 7.5* of camber you were running before.

Also did pulling your fenders that far on the front cause the lower back section of the front fender pull inwards like i can see on your earlier pics? or was that due to something else?

Im hoping to have my fenders pulled like that on the front but im wondering if its possible without repainting? did you have to repaint front or your rears? Id love to get my rears pulled like yours but i dont think i'll be able to do it on my 4 door sedan without body work.

So from all the specs im seeing on wheels here im thinking i should be able to get away with 18" x 10" +15's all round with probably 7* camber front or around that and 9* rear or close to that. Whats your thoughts on getting this to work???
Also white6GAV6 what mods did you do to get the camber your running? and did you have to custom mod any parts aswell as aftermarket parts?

Thanks heaps guys
snyds

White6GAV6

Reaction score
It wasn't by choice, to run less camber. I had my front spindle/knuckle shortened to allow for more suspension travel, and it took out 3 to 4 degrees of camber.

Fender is messed up from pulling it. Haven't been able to find a way to get the super pulled and keep them lined up nice. You can get the fenders pulled out pretty far. Messing up the paint is dependent on how long you take and how you do it. I didn't care about messing up the paint so I did it the fast way. But my car is white so it's easy to hide thankfully. You can get a pretty good pull if you cut the inner fender liner out of the rears, it's the metal part with all the under coating. Mines' cut up about 3-4 inches higher. Once that is out, you can just take a dead blow hammer and start to bang it out further. Putting your hand on the outside of the fender where the hammer is going to hit will help. Chance are you paint will get messed up though.

Back