White6GAV6's Coupe (Updated: 04/30/2015) (56k nono)

snydas1987

Reaction score
So I'm guessing that inner fender part your talking bout isn a structural part of the strut tower/ wheel well like I always thought it was???? So when cutting it out do I need to reattatch it or anything after wards?? Since I'm 4 door tho will that still help with out getting into my door jams and doors from the pull??
How did you go about shorter steering knuckles? Was it a part swap or custom made job?? Also did you have the top of the wheel well where the upper control arm hits cut out with your old setup? I'm thinking that's what I'm gonna do with mine to stop it hitting n give maybe a tiny bit more travel..
Thanks man, u been a good help and ideas with my build. Hoping to be putting my suspension all together over the next week or 2.

snydas1987

Reaction score
with your 18" x 11.5" rims(i think thats what they were) did you have much issues with the rims rubbing on the inside of the rim/tires and mostly just the issue with them fitting flush to the outside of tire to fender arch? or was there also big issues with rubbing on the inside as well? thanks mate

White6GAV6

Reaction score
So I'm guessing that inner fender part your talking bout isn a structural part of the strut tower/ wheel well like I always thought it was???? So when cutting it out do I need to reattatch it or anything after wards?? Since I'm 4 door tho will that still help with out getting into my door jams and doors from the pull??

You can reattach it once you get everything where you want it and it works out. I cut it up higher and out of the way of the wheel and tire, then weld it and panel bond over it and throw some undercoating on it if you want. Not sure about the door jams since I have a coupe.

How did you go about shorter steering knuckles? Was it a part swap or custom made job?? Also did you have the top of the wheel well where the upper control arm hits cut out with your old setup? I'm thinking that's what I'm gonna do with mine to stop it hitting n give maybe a tiny bit more travel..
Thanks man, u been a good help and ideas with my build. Hoping to be putting my suspension all together over the next week or 2.

Had a guy that does a lot of them do it for me. He just cuts them, shortens them how much you want it shortened, cleans the area, and then TIG welds them back together. Idk if there are any shops around you that would do that kind of stuff, but just look around, might find some. I would definitely cut your strut towers. If you're worried about the structure, just go ahead and get a box welded onto the cut portion, but up higher.

Always glad to help out. I know how much of a pain it can be. Good luck, hope all goes well.

with your 18" x 11.5" rims(i think thats what they were) did you have much issues with the rims rubbing on the inside of the rim/tires and mostly just the issue with them fitting flush to the outside of tire to fender arch? or was there also big issues with rubbing on the inside as well? thanks mate

They were 18x11. No sure I understand that first part. "did you have much issues with the rims rubbing on the inside of the rim/tires"

It's all trial and error to get thing perfect really. If you cut and grind the fender lips flat, you should be able to get the wheel lip close to the fenders. For inner clearance, with camber you really have to run an aggressive wheels. Most times it will be a narrow wheel and lower offset. Otherwise the inner barrel of the wheel will be hitting the coilover.

snydas1987

Reaction score
ok thanks mate thats what i was trying to find out about the inside clearance on the rims.
Iv got my dads best mate who is an engineer, panel beater and mechanic extrodanair so im lucky on that part but i can also do pretty much any of the work im planning on doing other than adding the metal flairs i first asked about but i dont think i want them now after seeing some sweet cambered cars with just pulled n rolled guards. actually looks nicer i think. I just wanted to go different n run double digit width rims, and some good 9-11* camber but i want exactly equal camber front and rear not the staggered type where the rear has heaps more than the front. and i want massive pulled guards but the guards are gonna be alot like yours now tho(hadnt seen a car running them pulled like yours before so me doing that was tryin to be different but now its gonna be alot like your guards but in a 4 door), and going this style of build but with a 4 door will be different i think cause most people having our stance run coupes but iv always liked the 4 door sedans over coupes..
cheers mate. i should be starting a build thread once iv got my suspension all on n tuned.. keep an eye out for it ok.
snyds

Varnell

Reaction score
Man, I cut my side skirts in half and used JB Weld Plastic and they fell apart after three days. lol

I can't remember exactly what you said you used.

mantanios

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for ideas for my 02 v6 sedan. Coupe front end, looking into CL1 body, any advice / thoughts?

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: White6GAV6's '00 Coupe (Updated: 8-9-2014) [Updated Test Fit] (56k nono)

Going to hard and running into problems lol. End of September the wheels should definitely be on. Hopefully before that. In the meantime, here is a picture from after I washed it the other day.

2n6rnl.jpg

Forgot how epic this was. :drool:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
All white errythang. Looks so good when it's clean. I plan to go back to white on white again. Just gotta get everything where I want it first

Back