Who'd be interested in a Switchblade key made for the 6gens?

KnightRyder

Reaction score
shavedaccord, i know what you mean, i was one of the guys who tried to use it for the 6th gens, and yea it required some custom work but the buttons would not program with the 6thgen because the new TL and our accord use different FCC ID#.

but just in case, think you could find that thread you're talking about and PM it to me so i can dig into it a bit more?

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
the buttons would not program because its a different frequency
6thgen 315mhz

03 accord, rsx, tl 313.85mhz

SKY99

Reaction score
Thought I'ed share this for people who have an aftermarket alarms w/ remote start who'ed be interested in the flip key mech.

http://gtxmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=251

"Keys come with a blank, if the blank does not match your vehicles key you can always cut your existing or spare key to screw into this. This product is virtually universal and can accommodate almost any vehicle key."

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Way back from dead, but still itching to get a nicer looking key and a nicer setup, so I had an idea. What if we picked up some transponder chips and put them into some blank switchblade cases? Could a locksmith program those or am I just shooting in the dark?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
I meant a good locksmith lol. My sign shop did work for a locksmith in Newburgh who also cuts and programs transponder keys. What I mean is, could a transponder chip be programmed to work with our cars?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Solution.

Get an Acura, VW, Audi etc. Or you could get a Benz, my moms has one of those sweet infrared keys.

Back