Who'd be interested in a Switchblade key made for the 6gens?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Total resurrection but guess what guys, a year and a half later and switchblade style keys for us are finally available. Realized it'd be a good idea to have an extra key and when I went searching on ebay, I saw it! I don't mean those ones that look like weird pods either, I mean the actual switchblade style. Go check em out here, it's a decent price imo for the key and remote to be in one neat package. I just bought it and I'll let ya guys know how well it feels and works once I get it and have it cut and programmed.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Nice!

Either you can get it programmed and spend lots of money, or just buy the Immobilizer delete and have Drift mod it for you as a cheaper alternative. Luckily I'm OBD1 anyways so I won't need any programming bs.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
I'd feel safer with the immobilizer. And it's not that expensive man, the sign shop I work for did the signs and vehicle lettering for the locksmith I'm gonna use so possible discount.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
wow, NOW they make it, after i've gotten an aftermarket alarm, :(

oh well, for you OEM alarm guys, this is great!

smoky

Reaction score
Hmmm tempting..sounds cool! But im thinking of upgrading to an alarm system sometime in the summer..but let us know how its goes zero-defect just in case if i decide to go in this route

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
You mean the one i ordered and am just waiting on delivery of? lol

pattywak

Reaction score
You mean the one i ordered and am just waiting on delivery of? lol

Lol I was wondering if anyone had one and gotten it set up already. I'm very interested in this and just am wondering what is needed to get it to work properly.

When my key fob stopped working for good, even with a new battery, I took it to honda and they got a new one and tried programming it to work with my car...as soon as the tech got in my car and saw my aftermarket radio he said that it wouldn't be able to be programmed since the receiver or whatever is in the back of the OEM radio. I have never heard of that before, but that's why I've been running fob-less since last summer. Is this right? Does it mean if I get this switchblade key it won't be able to be programmed to unlock my car doors? :skurred:

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Dude that's bull. I've got an aftermarket stereo and mine still works

pattywak

Reaction score
Dude that's bull. I've got an aftermarket stereo and mine still works

I thought at first that it was, but then again why would they bull**** me if I was bout to buy a part from them and they were about to make some money?

Back