Wingnut Pansaver?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
^ exactly.

if there was a gasket, itd be in that diagram, since thats the one specifically labeled "cylinder block - oil pan". sure non-oem companies make actual oil pan gaskets, but theyre really not needed. just make sure you get all the old hondabond off the block before you put the new pan on.

finch13

Reaction score
DP

29. Clean and dry the cylinder block mating surfaces.
30. Apply liquid gasket part No. 08718-0009 evenly to the cylinder block mating surface of the oil pan and to the inner threads of the bolt holes. Install the oil pan. NOTE:

o Apply liquid gasket in a 4 mm wide bead.
o Apply a second bead where the two ends of the first bead meet.
31. Tighten the bolts/nuts in two or three steps. In the final step, tighten all bolts/nuts, in sequence, to 12 Nm (1.2 kgf.m, 8.7 ft. lbs.) .

pattywak

Reaction score
Ah, I thought that was kinda funny that they didn't have a gasket in the diagram. What had me confused is that there was a guy selling an OEM gasket on here. I always thought that the Hondabond/ liquid stuff was supposed to be used when you weren't able to get an actual gasket. Since there is Hondabond on there now, I will just use that and keep it as true oem as possible. Thanks for the help. Just have to get my hands on the pan, some Hondabond, and that manual...finch, where were you getting those steps from?

finch13

Reaction score
AllData... that should be everything you need, except removing the downpipe, but that's pretty self explanatory.

pattywak

Reaction score
Ahh. Yeah hopefully nothing is too wild and crazy down there.......... haha but you never know with my car. Taking 6 hours for a suspension install the first time is a predictor or what I can expect when working on my car.

Back