WORST MODS/RICEY BUY Threads!

WilliamW

Reaction score
I had a 94 Geo Metro in High School. I paid 800 bucks for the car and I loved / hated the stupid thing. It was an auto 4 cylinder. The headliner was falling down so I "replaced" it with a fuzzy white leopard print cloth I got at wal-mart. After that I installed my 2700 watt amp / stereo in my car by welding a 100 lb piece of sheet metal to my car trunk, that combined with my Q-Logic dual 12" sub box with 50 lb sub woofers (each) made the back end of the car sag like 4 fat dudes were always riding with me. I also added a gas shock aluminum wing to the rear that when / if I got over 85 would compress the gas shocks to alter the angle of the spoiler. I had road master speakers zip tied into my front kick panels and back dash. Later towards the end I had painted my dash white (wal-mart spray paint) to match the leopard print but my lack of cleaning or prep got paint all over the seats, windshield, door panels, and the dust everywhere made the paint look fuzzy as it adhered flies to my dash as it was drying which I could never get off.

So in recap

*white leopard print head liner
*Crappy speakers zip tied in
*Huge 100lb plate welded in the trunk
*150 lb sub box with amps and plate made back sag
*Super dumb aluminum spoiler with gas shocks
*white dash
*I owned a Geo Metro

00accord91

Reaction score
the most rice ive gone is these blue halogen bulbs i used as HID instead of just buying HID's..oo and when i had my 4cyl cg, i took the airbox resonator off and thought it sounded so badass.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
ok. yall are about to find out why my username is what it is.

Wrapped blue duct tape around some hoses and wires in the engne bay. some is still
there :lawl:

I had a black hose that came w my intake kit that could extend about 3 feet from the bay. I ran it as far as i could to the front bumper where the air dam is. the filter eventually fell off and down the road it went :lolhitting: then when i figured that wasnt a good idea i would just do the normal cai where it sits in front of the tire, well it would hang super far down cuz of the slinky hose so i bent an old lisence plate and zipted it in there to hold the filter up lol.

1st time i tried to diy black out my taillights i left them on the car and sprayed them. yes therewas over spray and sooo much drip it looked like a horror movie. but i was still proud :lawl:

i cut my muffler off. yes cut it off. so i could BOLT on a tail pipe and a lil chrome tip. it kept falling off but luckily it had a hanger so all it did was drag instead of falling off completely. then i learned the only way to keep it on was to turn it at like a 75 degree angle which resulted in melitn the side of my bumper :doh: i couldnt just take it off either, the fumes would get in the car and make me sick

before i had a sound system my friend gave me this ****tly lil 10 in generic square sub that we wired to the rear speakers. lol

i debadged my rear badge to put a red transformers autobot magnet over it. then eventually moved it to the front. and no hubcaps just steelies.

road around with all this while having a giant whole in my fornt bumper from hitting someones tow hitch

my amp power wire is still running thru the fender and not the fire wall. im too lazy to mess w it right now

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
I personally like the footwell lights if you don't overdo it.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
i didn't even want to read all that...i saw "imaricer" and moved on. lol.

my worst is actually...blue LED license plate bulbs...haha. everything else i've done to the car that was rice was temporary or just for the fun of it.

best mod...of course the drop. =]

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
since ive been straight broke since i bought my 6ga, ill say my absolute worst purchase for my old car was 14" hubcaps, that extended 2" over the tire for a "low profile" look. once all 4 broke off, then the next 4 i bought, i decided that enough was enough :lawl:

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
My white gauge overlays :lolhitting: I took them off a month later once they didn't light up haha

Back