DIY- wiring foglights to turn on/off with parking lights

CARVERitUP

Reaction score
Is that really true? Why would it be illegal to 1. make yourself more easily visible (whether in day or night) and 2. help YOU to see?

I just don't get it lol

jdm00accord

Reaction score
me either haha, plus hows a cop gonna know i have them on all the time? unless hes always infront of me haha :hide:

i see ppl every day with all their lights on. maybe its just a maine thing?:jae:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Just ordered my civic fogs thr other day! They should be here soon! Then I'll have to pick up a 98-00 sedan bumper.

Forte EXE

Reaction score
Great write up. I did something similar to my fogs and parking lights and all i did was rplace a 10a fuse with a 15a fuse. But the only problem with that was after a while my foglight wiring started getting burned up since there was more ampage(i think thats right?) running through the wires and eventually they went bad.

Badook

Reaction score
Its a good write up, the only thing I would change is the wire nut... Its a good for a temp fix but since you have a set of crimpers why not get some sealed connections and crimp them on. a wire nut is not designed for vibrations. I would post some pics of what I am talking about but I cant post any pics yet. I would keep a realy inline just for the sake of saving factory wiring if anything goes wrong.
As for driving with fogs on all the time... Here in Oregon it is illegal but not stongly enforced. The law says they can only be used when the conditions call for it.

Back