DIY- wiring foglights to turn on/off with parking lights

C_S_L

Reaction score
Good DIY, I had my lil bro do it for me since it stop working and I cant find the cause of it. Funny thing is that it flashes with the OEM alarm whenever I beep it. :duckhunt:

jdm00accord

Reaction score
Good DIY, I had my lil bro do it for me since it stop working and I cant find the cause of it. Funny thing is that it flashes with the OEM alarm whenever I beep it. :duckhunt:

haha, my wireless entry remote broke so i havnt had one for about 2 years so mine doesnt do that.

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
i dont like the remote (plus mine shorted out from a rainy day). I like the reassurance of locking my own doors and knowing they're locked.

The diy is well done. is this possible to with universal fogs? I ALWAYS forget to turn mine off.

jdm00accord

Reaction score
i dont like the remote (plus mine shorted out from a rainy day). I like the reassurance of locking my own doors and knowing they're locked.

The diy is well done. is this possible to with universal fogs? I ALWAYS forget to turn mine off.

i dont see why not. universal fogs have a positive and negative wire just like oems. ground the negatives and connect the positives to your parking lights.

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
I didn't have to cut and splice any wires. When I bought the 01-03 civic fogs, it came with the complete wiring. There is a plug that goes under the steering column. Looks like the SRS plug if you know what I mean.
I will post a pic of it soon. It will turn on and off with your parking lights(the one that is the signals).

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
my only complaint is that you should have soldered the wire's and used shrink wrap to cover them instead of using the twisty cap.

jdm00accord

Reaction score
I didn't have to cut and splice any wires. When I bought the 01-03 civic fogs, it came with the complete wiring. There is a plug that goes under the steering column. Looks like the SRS plug if you know what I mean.
I will post a pic of it soon. It will turn on and off with your parking lights(the one that is the signals).
yeah i didnt wanna have to deal with goin through the firewall, just wanted to keep it all under the hood and not have that big wiring harness.

my only complaint is that you should have soldered the wire's and used shrink wrap to cover them instead of using the twisty cap.
i dont have a soldering iron or shrink wrap. i ended upditching the twisty cap about a month ago and crimped the wires together.

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
Theres a hole covered with a rubber seal bottom right of the brake resouiver, you can see some wires going through it. Its easy :slap:

Back