DIY- wiring foglights to turn on/off with parking lights

dvilla5506

Reaction score
thats how i did mine....grounded to chassis and spliced into left parking light....and changed the fuse on passenger side

hirichard

Reaction score
so i did this back in october, stopped using my car in nov-feb, it killed my battery AND alternator. so in april i got a new alternator and a replacement battery. car works fine and all that, i re did the wiring to the parking lights just the past sunday and on tuesday i try turning on my car and the battery is dead..i upgraded my fuse to 20a and had everything off. this is the second time this happened, can anyone help me out?

finch13

Reaction score
Probably have a parasitic draw somewhere... easiest to check with a multimeter set to read amps in between the positive battery terminal and positive battery cable.

guitarman540

Reaction score
I will be doing this shortly but just for clarification you attach the power wires from the fogs directly to the parking light power? or do you leave the power source from the fogs and just tap into the parking light for the on/off system? Im lost :tumbleweed:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Search this on V6P, there's a good wire diagram in the thread. Thats what I followed to do mine.

Back