ecu help needed badly!!!!!

F23-Got boost?

Reaction score
well im gonna get around that somehow....:furious: neither 1 of those are cheap how much are those anyway

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Hey guy, just got on the forums. Your a little further along than I am. I have an 02 and I am looking at boost as well. Biggest problem for me, is it tunable? Here is a link, http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12424 , to a tech article for an obd2a to obd1 auto conversion. Unfortunately I have obd2b which the pinouts are going to be different. The problem with that is, can an obd1 control the auto tranny. I have some F23 pinout articles, but I am not sure if they are legit to compare them to the obd1 pinouts. I have been looking at harnesses from rywire.com, I emailed them a couple of times but haven't heard back, I am trying to double check if their harness can control the tranny with a separate tcu. There is probably more I am just not thinking of right now, but that seems like a viable option.

F23-Got boost?

Reaction score
explain how the hell wiring up a obd1 tcu will cost more than the 600 dollar price tag the aem fic has?:thumbsup:

finch13

Reaction score
I can't believe you're trying to take the cheap way out of doing this...

$600 is not too shabby... AEM K-pro is a grand on the street

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
explain how the hell wiring up a obd1 tcu will cost more than the 600 dollar price tag the aem fic has?

Find the correct ecu. Find the correct pinouts. Wire it up and get it working. Get it tuned.

Emanage or AEM FI/C - wire up, tune. Done. :thumbsup:

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Other than ease of use why would you use the aem or emanage over a conversion? If there is no difference, other than price why would anyone mess with a conversion?

If infact the conversion harness and ecu / tcu is all you need then is basically the same operation, hook the harness to ecu, tcu, then tune it.

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Find the correct ecu. Find the correct pinouts. Wire it up and get it working. Get it tuned.

Emanage or AEM FI/C - wire up, tune. Done. :thumbsup:

How is what the aem or emanage does different from a conversion? If there is only a difference in price why would anyone mess with the conversion at all? Is the conversion more reliable, and basically the same operation, connect harness to ecu / tcu, then tune it?

Back