ecu help needed badly!!!!!

F23-Got boost?

Reaction score
heres the thin im not doin it the cheap route ...when it comes to boosting any vehicle its not cheap...i just dont have another 6-7 hundred dollars laying around to just dump into the car at the moment but either option is better than running with no tune..

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is what the aem or emanage does different from a conversion? If there is only a difference in price why would anyone mess with the conversion at all? Is the conversion more reliable, and basically the same operation, connect harness to ecu / tcu, then tune it?
Which conversion?

Auto to manual and then OBD1?

Stay auto and try to switch to OBD1?

heres the thin im not doin it the cheap route ...when it comes to boosting any vehicle its not cheap...i just dont have another 6-7 hundred dollars laying around to just dump into the car at the moment but either option is better than running with no tune..

You contradict yourself.

F23-Got boost?

Reaction score
blk u boosted?

n also explain how i contradict myself everything ive done thus far has not been cheap...if u want to pick apart my words n my post u could have more fun picking out words in a crossword puzzle i asked for info not a douche bag judgement...n maybe im looking on the wrong site for the info i need i just might need a ecu programmer to answer my question

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
blk u boosted?

n also explain how i contradict myself everything ive done thus far has not been cheap...if u want to pick apart my words n my post u could have more fun picking out words in a crossword puzzle i asked for info not a douche bag judgement...n maybe im looking on the wrong site for the info i need i just might need a ecu programmer to answer my question

Nope. - N/A > ~

Don't be a dbag on our site. You came asking for help, we're giving it, you're not listening.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
explain how the hell wiring up a obd1 tcu will cost more than the 600 dollar price tag the aem fic has?:thumbsup:

I can't believe you're trying to take the cheap way out of doing this...

$600 is not too shabby... AEM K-pro is a grand on the street

Explained.

You could easily just buy the right aftermarket tuning program, plug it in, take it to your tuner, get tuned, be done and on the street enjoying teh boostz. Then turn around and sell your auto P28 (which honestly is quite useless unless you sell it to someone with a pre-'96 vehicle).

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Which conversion?

Auto to manual and then OBD1?

Stay auto and try to switch to OBD1?

You contradict yourself.

Yeah, stay auto and go to obd1. I know its possible with an f22, just dont know with an f23. Also, I am not all that familiar with piggybacks, I had heard some not good things about them, but don't remember.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's the thing...

You convert to OBD1 on your automatic, you still need an OBD1 TCU. You still have to wire up correctly so it shifts correctly and make it work with everything else. Now that you're OBD1, you have an OBD1 ECU..well guess what...none of those nice programs like Crome, Neptune, etc work with an automatic so guess what - You're back at square one unless you feel like using a VAFC or SAFC which is stupid anyways.

Everyone on the same page now?

Convert to 5spd and go OBD1

OR

Leave it auto and OBD2 - Use AEM FI/C or Emanage

My brother uses Emanage on his AUTO, OBD2, BOOSTED, civic and it works just fine.

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Both Boomslang and Rywire make conversion harnesses for obd2b automatic to obd1, according to rywire you need obd1 ecu, tcu and dizzy, according to boomslang you need obd1 ecu,tcu and transmission. There is a guy that has done the obd2a auto conversion, it worked for him, and he used crome, see articles here: http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12424, and here: http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10550&page=2. Now I am not opposed to using an piggyback, that is something I need to look more into, so far it seems like it is more expensive, but much easier.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I can't believe you're trying to take the cheap way out of doing this...

$600 is not too shabby... AEM K-pro is a grand on the street

You mean Hondata K-Pro?

OP - $700 is not a lot of money when you intend to do a forced induction setup the right way..

To have a properly boosted setup, it would be best to have a 5-speed transmission. Not only would it be easier to tune and work out your ECU issues, it would also push more power and hold up better.

If you do choose to do the piggyback route with auto transmission, I know who has an AEM F/IC for sale for a pretty good price of $250. That is dirt cheap, and you could probably talk it down from that. Just find a good tuner after you make your decision.

PM me if you would like to contact the seller of the AEM piggyback unit, and I can give you his handle on the forum.

As far as the harness, I strongly recommend contacting Xenocron and asking many questions. Chris Harris or Jay are very helpful, and may help you in your path. Their harnesses are $75 and are lifetime warranty. Boomslang is overrated.

These are my thoughts and opinions about your situation, but you do what you think is best. Good luck!

- Nikita

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both Boomslang and Rywire make conversion harnesses for obd2b automatic to obd1, according to rywire you need obd1 ecu, tcu and dizzy, according to boomslang you need obd1 ecu,tcu and transmission. There is a guy that has done the obd2a auto conversion, it worked for him, and he used crome, see articles here: http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12424, and here: http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10550&page=2. Now I am not opposed to using an piggyback, that is something I need to look more into, so far it seems like it is more expensive, but much easier.

Ok, so you obviously have your mind set on doing it. Go do it. I'm just telling you its a waste of time and money.

Back