★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 10/10/10*

Decking the block would be an extreme option if I decided to go with the other pistons. I am just going to use the stock specs. I know about Cometic, but people have said to stay away from them with our engines, but I am unsure why. The best gasket to use I heard was just OEM MLS gasket.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Decking the block would be an extreme option if I decided to go with the other pistons. I am just going to use the stock specs. I know about Cometic, but people have said to stay away from them with our engines, but I am unsure why. The best gasket to use I heard was just OEM MLS gasket.

I still have the OEM MLS gasket btw....

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

thats what I'm running too. but you already knew that nikita haha

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Just want to bring some more food to the topic of discussion... the IM. Wondering if it's possible to make a custom IM, similar in style to the Golden Eagle ones for a larger plenum size, but accurate fitment in relation to stock head/firewall. I know the S2 one won't fit without firewall modification. Will Golden Eagle make a custom F23 IM?

Atreidies

Reaction score

This guy will custom anything you need - Weirtech.ca

And this guy will port any IM with port match and TB port match. He's really reasonable with pricing too - polarbeartuning.com

hotaccord243

Reaction score

You know I have always wondered this myself as far as the Intake Manifold. From what I remember hearing, there aren't too many options that are cost effective when comparing cost vs. actual gains or improvements.... I guess that's why I have never looked too deep into it.

I was thinking that today while I was installing the Intake Manifold back on my car... lol

That and there are practically no options besides custom made or porting/polishing work to it....

Atreidies

Reaction score

Any gains on a boosted setup would be minimal at best. If you are going with big boost, you will see an advantage, but I wouldn't bother until hitting 20+ psi on a properly sized turbo. Like most things, Honda engineers did a really good job with OEM equipment.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

plus bigger ports are going to effect low end torque and possibly make it spool a little slower.

Atreidies

Reaction score

Bigger ports would drop velocity of the air flowing into the head. Head are all about velocity. If you port bigger than needed, you drop speed of airflow, at the same rpm. This will affect low-end/mid-range torque.

Porting is beneficial for higher rpm, as in higher to the point that the ports can no longer flow the cfm's needed to continue to make power. That's why you tend to see torque drop off at higher rpm's on dyno charts.

On a boosted setup, you are essentially pressurizing the ports to whatever psi you are running, so airflow is less of a potential issue.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

Which is exactly why i won't be doing any headwork untill i can afford to go change out all the valvetrain and cam's. Plus our intake manifolds are pretty good stock. They only thing i would honestly do besides cleaning up some of the casting marks is shave down part of the runners where it comes into the plenum. If you take off the top piece of the intake mani you'll see what i'm talking about the runners continue way up into that plenum so you could free up a little flow there but it wouldn't be worth it to pay someone to do it. if you really want it done i would just do it yourself since you won't benefit too much as far as power gains go.

Back